Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ATF2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ATF2 antibody
See all ATF2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATF2
SpecificityATF2 antibody detects endogenous levels of ATF2 protein around Threonine 71 or 53.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ATF2 aa 38-87.
Database link: P15336
- WB: Extracts from HeLa cells. IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Corresponding phospho antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47476 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscriptional activator, probably constitutive, which binds to the cAMP-responsive element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. Interaction with JUN redirects JUN to bind to CRES preferentially over the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate response elements (TRES) as part of an ATF2/JUN complex.
Tissue specificityAbundant expression seen in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Thr-69 and Thr-71 by MAPK14 causes increased transcriptional activity. Also phosphorylated and activated by JNK.
- Information by UniProt
- Activating transcription factor 2 antibody
- Activating transcription factor 2 splice variant ATF2 var2 antibody
- ATF 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ATF2 antibody (ab47476) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells.
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells preincubated with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma. Left: Using ATF2 antibody; Right: The same antibody preincubated with synthesized peptide.
ab47476 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhou Y et al. Ligustilide attenuates nitric oxide-induced apoptosis in rat chondrocytes and cartilage degradation via inhibiting JNK and p38 MAPK pathways. J Cell Mol Med 23:3357-3368 (2019). PubMed: 30770640
- Liu F et al. The role of NF-?B-mediated JNK pathway in cognitive impairment in a rat model of sleep apnea. J Thorac Dis 10:6921-6931 (2018). PubMed: 30746238
- Yang YN et al. miR-204 reverses temozolomide resistance and inhibits cancer initiating cells phenotypes by degrading FAP-a in glioblastoma. Oncol Lett 15:7563-7570 (2018). PubMed: 29725461
- Liu Z et al. Adiponectin reduces ER stress-induced apoptosis through PPARa transcriptional regulation of ATF2 in mouse adipose. Cell Death Dis 7:e2487 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27882945
- Marin TL et al. Identification of AMP-activated protein kinase targets by a consensus sequence search of the proteome. BMC Syst Biol 9:13 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25890336
- Mamrosh JL et al. Nuclear receptor LRH-1/NR5A2 is required and targetable for liver endoplasmic reticulum stress resolution. Elife 3:e01694 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24737860
- Wang M et al. WWOX suppresses cell growth and induces cell apoptosis via inhibition of P38 nuclear translocation in cholangiocarcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem 34:1711-22 (2014). PubMed: 25502636
- White SJ et al. Characterization of the differential response of endothelial cells exposed to normal and elevated laminar shear stress. J Cell Physiol 226:2841-8 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21302282