Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ATF6
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ATF6 antibody
See all ATF6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATF6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- WB: Mouse pancreas lysates IHC :Rat brain tissue. ICC/IF: U-251 cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203119 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Use at 1/50 - 1/200 with fluorescent detection methods.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 75 kDa.|
FunctionTranscription factor that acts during endoplasmic reticulum stress by activating unfolded protein response target genes. Binds DNA on the 5'-CCAC[GA]-3'half of the ER stress response element (ERSE) (5'-CCAAT-N(9)-CCAC[GA]-3') and of ERSE II (5'-ATTGG-N-CCACG-3'). Binding to ERSE requires binding of NF-Y to ERSE. Could also be involved in activation of transcription by the serum response factor.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
DomainThe basic domain functions as a nuclear localization signal.
The basic leucine-zipper domain is sufficient for association with the NF-Y trimer and binding to ERSE.
modificationsDuring unfolded protein response an approximative 50 kDa fragment containing the cytoplasmic transcription factor domain is released by proteolysis. The cleavage seems to be performed sequentially by site-1 and site-2 proteases.
N-glycosylated. The glycosylation status may serve as a sensor for ER homeostasis, resulting in ATF6 activation to trigger the unfolded protein response (UPR).
Phosphorylated in vitro by MAPK14/P38MAPK.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane and Nucleus. Under ER stress the cleaved N-terminal cytoplasmic domain translocates into the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Activating transcription factor 6 alpha antibody
- Activating transcription factor 6 antibody
- ATF 6 antibody
Anti-ATF6 antibody (ab203119) at 1/300 dilution + mouse pancreas lysates
Conjugated secondary antibody at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 75 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded rat brain tissue sections labeling ATF6 with ab203119 at a 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of U-251 cells labeling ATF6 with ab203119 at 1/200 (diluted in PBS and incubated for 2 hours at 37°C). Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) FITC conjugated antibody was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
ab203119 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Pandey VK et al. Activation of PERK-eIF2a-ATF4 pathway contributes to diabetic hepatotoxicity: Attenuation of ER stress by Morin. Cell Signal 59:41-52 (2019). PubMed: 30877037
- Wei J et al. Homer1a Attenuates Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Induced Mitochondrial Stress After Ischemic Reperfusion Injury by Inhibiting the PERK Pathway. Front Cell Neurosci 13:101 (2019). PubMed: 30930751
- You YD et al. 4-Phenylbutyric Acid Attenuates Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Mediated Intestinal Epithelial Cell Apoptosis in Rats with Severe Acute Pancreatitis. Dig Dis Sci 64:1535-1547 (2019). PubMed: 30607691
- Zhang B et al. C1q-TNF-related protein-3 attenuates pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy by suppressing the p38/CREB pathway and p38-induced ER stress. Cell Death Dis 10:520 (2019). PubMed: 31285424
- Cao W et al. Hoxa5 alleviates obesity-induced chronic inflammation by reducing ER stress and promoting M2 macrophage polarization in mouse adipose tissue. J Cell Mol Med 23:7029-7042 (2019). PubMed: 31441588