Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ATF6
- Suitable for: ICC, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ATF6 antibody
See all ATF6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATF6
Based on 100% sequence alignment, this antibody detects ATF6 isoform A (alpha). The antibody is predicted to recognize the 50kDa fragment as it recognizes a peptide sequence from near the amino terminus. We have not tested stressed cells to see if the 50kDa cleavage product can be detected.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ATF6 (N terminal). 17 a.a. immunogen somewhere between a.a. 25-75
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesImmunoaffinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37149 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 75 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription factor that acts during endoplasmic reticulum stress by activating unfolded protein response target genes. Binds DNA on the 5'-CCAC[GA]-3'half of the ER stress response element (ERSE) (5'-CCAAT-N(9)-CCAC[GA]-3') and of ERSE II (5'-ATTGG-N-CCACG-3'). Binding to ERSE requires binding of NF-Y to ERSE. Could also be involved in activation of transcription by the serum response factor.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
DomainThe basic domain functions as a nuclear localization signal.
The basic leucine-zipper domain is sufficient for association with the NF-Y trimer and binding to ERSE.
modificationsDuring unfolded protein response an approximative 50 kDa fragment containing the cytoplasmic transcription factor domain is released by proteolysis. The cleavage seems to be performed sequentially by site-1 and site-2 proteases.
N-glycosylated. The glycosylation status may serve as a sensor for ER homeostasis, resulting in ATF6 activation to trigger the unfolded protein response (UPR).
Phosphorylated in vitro by MAPK14/P38MAPK.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane and Nucleus. Under ER stress the cleaved N-terminal cytoplasmic domain translocates into the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Activating transcription factor 6 alpha antibody
- Activating transcription factor 6 antibody
- ATF 6 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-ATF6 antibody (ab37149) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-ATF6 antibody (ab37149) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : MCF7 (human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Predicted band size: 75 kDa
ab37149 staining human Hella cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized for 10 minutes in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 3% BSA for 15 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor®568 goat anti-rabbit (ab175471) diluted at 1/1000.
A20 (mouse reticulum sarcoma cell line) cells stained for ATF6 using ab37149 at 10 µg/ml in ICC.
HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells stained for ATF6 (green) using ab37149 at 1/100 dilution in ICC, followed by Goat anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor® 488.
ab37149 has been referenced in 58 publications.
- Schips TG et al. Thrombospondin-3 augments injury-induced cardiomyopathy by intracellular integrin inhibition and sarcolemmal instability. Nat Commun 10:76 (2019). PubMed: 30622267
- Jia S et al. Fisetin induces autophagy in pancreatic cancer cells via endoplasmic reticulum stress- and mitochondrial stress-dependent pathways. Cell Death Dis 10:142 (2019). PubMed: 30760707
- Wei J et al. Homer1a Attenuates Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Induced Mitochondrial Stress After Ischemic Reperfusion Injury by Inhibiting the PERK Pathway. Front Cell Neurosci 13:101 (2019). PubMed: 30930751
- Jia Y et al. Oxymatrine ameliorates agomelatine-induced hepatocyte injury through promoting proteasome-mediated CHOP degradation. Biomed Pharmacother 114:108784 (2019). PubMed: 30925456
- Zheng C et al. Suppressing UPR-dependent overactivation of FGFR3 signaling ameliorates SLC26A2-deficient chondrodysplasias. EBioMedicine 40:695-709 (2019). PubMed: 30685387