Product nameAnti-ATIC antibody [F38 P7 H9]
See all ATIC primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [F38 P7 H9] to ATIC
SpecificityThis antibody is specific to ATIC.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis, Drosophila melanogaster
Predicted to work with: Chicken
- Recombinant Human ATIC protein (ab114743) can be used as a positive control in WB. colon carcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Clone numberF38 P7 H9
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33520 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22180458|
FunctionBifunctional enzyme that catalyzes 2 steps in purine biosynthesis.
PathwayPurine metabolism; IMP biosynthesis via de novo pathway; 5-formamido-1-(5-phospho-D-ribosyl)imidazole-4-carboxamide from 5-amino-1-(5-phospho-D-ribosyl)imidazole-4-carboxamide (10-formyl THF route): step 1/1.
Purine metabolism; IMP biosynthesis via de novo pathway; IMP from 5-formamido-1-(5-phospho-D-ribosyl)imidazole-4-carboxamide: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ATIC are the cause of AICA-ribosuria [MIM:608688]; also known as AICA-ribosiduria. AICA-ribosuria is a neurologically devastating inborn error of purine biosynthesis. AICA-ribosuria patients excrete massive amounts of AICA-riboside in the urine and accumulate AICA-ribotide and its derivatives in erythrocytes and fibroblasts. AICA-ribosuria causes profound mental retardation, epilepsy, dysmorphic features and congenital blindness.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the purH family.
DomainThe IMP cyclohydrolase activity resides in the N-terminal region.
- Information by UniProt
- AICAR formyltransferase/IMP cyclohydrolase antibody
- 5 aminoimidazole 4 carboxamide 1 beta D ribonucleotide transformylase/inosinicase antibody
- 5 aminoimidazole 4 carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase antibody
ab33520, at a concentration of 5 µg/ml, staining ATIC in Human colon carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab33520 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab33520, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab33520 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Parviainen VI et al. Label-free mass spectrometry proteome quantification of human embryonic kidney cells following 24 hours of sialic acid overproduction. Proteome Sci 11:38 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23915316
- Baresova V et al. Mutations of ATIC and ADSL affect purinosome assembly in cultured skin fibroblasts from patients with AICA-ribosiduria and ADSL deficiency. Hum Mol Genet 21:1534-43 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22180458
- Boccalatte FE et al. The enzymatic activity of 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase/IMP cyclohydrolase is enhanced by NPM-ALK: new insights in ALK-mediated pathogenesis and the treatment of ALCL. Blood 113:2776-90 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18845790
- Gunter JH et al. Characterisation of inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase expression during retinal development: differences between variants and isoforms. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1716-28 (2008). PubMed: 18295529