- References (3)
Product nameATP-gamma-S, Kinase substrate
- ATP gamma S
Substrate and inhibitor of ATP-dependent enzyme systems. Hydrolyzed very slowly by phosphatases and most ATPases. Once thiophosphorylated, proteins are resistant to protein phosphatases. P2 purinergic receptor agonist.
Kinase reaction reagent to be used with ab92570 rabbit monoclonal to thiophosphate ester for the identification of direct kinase substrates as mentioned in Allen JJ et al. Nat Methods 4:511-6 (2007).
After the kinase of interest has accepted ATP-γ-S, p-Nitrobenzyl mesylate (ab138910) can be used to alkylate the thiophospholyation site on the substrates. A thiophosphate ester rabbit monoclonal antibody (ab92570) is introduced to identify the tagged substrates.
It is suggested to add 100 ng of ATP-γ-S to a 30 µL kinase buffer. See Allen JJ et al. Nat Methods 4:511-6 (2007); Supp. Material.
Chemical nameAdenosine 5'-(3-thiotriphosphate) tetralithium salt
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Unstable; make up solutions fresh and use immediately.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
This product has been referenced in:
- Jacobson KA et al. Development of selective agonists and antagonists of P2Y receptors. Purinergic Signal 5:75-89 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 18600475) »
- Peck ML & Herschlag D Adenosine 5'-O-(3-thio)triphosphate (ATPgammaS) is a substrate for the nucleotide hydrolysis and RNA unwinding activities of eukaryotic translation initiation factor eIF4A. RNA 9:1180-7 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 13130132) »
- Jeong S & Nikiforov TT Kinase assay based on thiophosphorylation and biotinylation. Biotechniques 27:1232-8 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10631503) »
- Beukers MW et al. Suramin analogs, divalent cations and ATP gamma S as inhibitors of ecto-ATPase. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 351:523-8 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7643916) »
- Li HC et al. Preparation of protein phosphatase-resistant substrates using adenosine 5'-O-(gamma-thio)triphosphate. Methods Enzymol 159:346-56 (1988). Read more (PubMed: 2842600) »
- Chrysogelos S et al. The structure of recA protein-DNA filaments. 2 recA protein monomers unwind 17 base pairs of DNA by 11.5 degrees/base pair in the presence of adenosine 5'-O-(3-thiotriphosphate). J Biol Chem 258:12624-31 (1983). Read more (PubMed: 6313668) »