Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [464.8] to ATP1B1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-ATP1B1 antibody [464.8]
See all ATP1B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [464.8] to ATP1B1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
corresponding to ATP1B1.
- ab8344 gave a positive signal in human, mouse and rat kidney tissue lysates. In Flow Cytometry, this antibody gave a positive signal in methanol fixed/Tween permeabilised HepG2 cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
This product was previously labelled as beta 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Contains 0.4M arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8344 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).|
FunctionThis is the non-catalytic component of the active enzyme, which catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the exchange of Na(+) and K(+) ions across the plasma membrane. The beta subunit regulates, through assembly of alpha/beta heterodimers, the number of sodium pumps transported to the plasma membrane.
Tissue specificityFound in most tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the X(+)/potassium ATPases subunit beta family.
- Information by UniProt
- Adenosinetriphosphatase antibody
- AT1B1_HUMAN antibody
- ATP 1B antibody
Anti-ATP1B1 antibody [464.8] (ab8344) at 1/500 dilution + Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203) at 20 µg
Granzyme B overexpression lysate (ab94040) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 35 kDa
Additional bands at: 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab8344 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab8344, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab8344 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wen X et al. Gene-expression profile and localization of Na+/K(+)-ATPase in rat enamel organ cells. Eur J Oral Sci 122:21-6 (2014). PubMed: 24313748
- Lu Q et al. Ca²?/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II contributes to hypoxic ischemic cell death in neonatal hippocampal slice cultures. PLoS One 8:e70750 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 23976956
- Mroz MS et al. Farnesoid X receptor agonists attenuate colonic epithelial secretory function and prevent experimental diarrhoea in vivo. Gut N/A:N/A (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23916961
- Lu Q et al. Increased NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide is involved in the neuronal cell death induced by hypoxia-ischemia in neonatal hippocampal slice cultures. Free Radic Biol Med 53:1139-51 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22728269
- Rafiqi FH et al. Role of the WNK-activated SPAK kinase in regulating blood pressure. EMBO Mol Med 2:63-75 (2010). PubMed: 20091762