Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity (quantitative)
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Tissue Lysate
Product nameATPase Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
Sample typeCell Lysate, Tissue Lysate
Assay typeEnzyme activity (quantitative)
Range1 nmol/well - 5 nmol/well
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
ATPase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab234055) provides a quick and easy method for monitoring ATPase activity in cell and tissue lysates.
In the assay, ATPase hydrolyzes ATP releasing ADP and a free phosphate ion, and through linked reactions, in which phosphate reacts with malachite green, a strong, stable chromophore is generated (OD 650 nm).
The assay is simple, sensitive, high-throughput adaptable and can detect ATPase Activity less than 0.005 U/L.
ATPases catalyzes the decomposition of ATP into ADP and a free phosphate ion. This assay can be used in the study of the many classes of ATPases including Na+ /K+ -ATPase, H + /K+ -ATPase, Ca2+ -ATPase, etc.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests ATPase Assay Buffer 1 x 25ml ATPase Developer 1 x 3ml ATPase Positive Control 1 vial ATPase Substrate 2 vials Phosphate Standard (10 mM) 1 x 0.5ml
ab234055 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Lakshmipathi J et al. Nephron-Specific Disruption of Polycystin-1 Induces Cyclooxygenase-2-Mediated Blood Pressure Reduction Independent of Cystogenesis. J Am Soc Nephrol 31:1243-1254 (2020). PubMed: 32300065
- Lee CH et al. Primary cilia mediate early life programming of adiposity through lysosomal regulation in the developing mouse hypothalamus. Nat Commun 11:5772 (2020). PubMed: 33188191