Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ATR
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ATR antibody
See all ATR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ATR
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Fusion protein, corresponding to amino acids 400-460 of Human ATR.
- UV irradiated K562 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 305 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 309 kDa). (in lysate from UV irradiated K562 cells).|
FunctionSerine/threonine protein kinase which activates checkpoint signaling upon genotoxic stresses such as ionizing radiation (IR), ultraviolet light (UV), or DNA replication stalling, thereby acting as a DNA damage sensor. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates BRCA1, CHEK1, MCM2, RAD17, RPA2, SMC1 and p53/TP53, which collectively inhibit DNA replication and mitosis and promote DNA repair, recombination and apoptosis. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX at sites of DNA damage, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Required for FANCD2 ubiquitination. Critical for maintenance of fragile site stability and efficient regulation of centrosome duplication.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with highest expression in testis. Isoform 2 is found in pancreas, placenta and liver but not in heart, testis and ovary.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ATR are a cause of Seckel syndrome type 1 (SCKL1) [MIM:210600]. SCKL1 is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, microcephaly with mental retardation, and a characteristic 'bird-headed' facial appearance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family. ATM subfamily.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated; autophosphorylates in vitro.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus > PML body. Depending on the cell type, it can also be found in PML nuclear bodies. Recruited to chromatin during S-phase. Redistributes to discrete nuclear foci upon DNA damage, hypoxia or replication fork stalling.
- Information by UniProt
- Ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3 related antibody
- Ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3-related protein antibody
- ATR antibody
All lanes : Anti-ATR antibody (ab2905) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF10A breast epithelial cells, grown in normoxic conditions (20% O2). Cells were lysed with NP40.
Lane 2 : MCF10A Breast Epithelial cells grown in hypoxic. conditions (5% O2). Cells were lysed with NP40.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti Rabbit (HRP) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 309 kDa
Observed band size: 300 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Blocking: Carried out using non fat dry milk for 1 hr at room temperature.
This image is an edited version of an image submitted courtesy of an Abreview by Francisco Ramirez-Valle submitted on 15th November 2005. We do not have any further information relating to this image.
ab2905 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Zheng T et al. RBMX is required for activation of ATR on repetitive DNAs to maintain genome stability. Cell Death Differ N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32494026
- Kim W et al. ZFP161 regulates replication fork stability and maintenance of genomic stability by recruiting the ATR/ATRIP complex. Nat Commun 10:5304 (2019). PubMed: 31757956
- Li J & Zheng J Theaflavins prevent cartilage degeneration via AKT/FOXO3 signaling in vitro. Mol Med Rep 19:821-830 (2019). PubMed: 30569095
- Meng X et al. DNA damage repair alterations modulate M2 polarization of microglia to remodel the tumor microenvironment via the p53-mediated MDK expression in glioma. EBioMedicine 41:185-199 (2019). PubMed: 30773478
- Huang J et al. Remodeling of Interstrand Crosslink Proximal Replisomes Is Dependent on ATR, FANCM, and FANCD2. Cell Rep 27:1794-1808.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31067464