Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Aurora A - Centrosome Marker
- Suitable for: IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Aurora A antibody - Centrosome Marker
See all Aurora A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aurora A - Centrosome Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide (Human) conjugated to KLH - which represented a portion of human Serine/Threonine Kinase 15 encoded within exon 5 (LocusLink ID 8465)
- IP: HeLa
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1287 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml.
FunctionContributes to the regulation of cell cycle progression. Required for normal mitosis. Associates with the centrosome and the spindle microtubules during mitosis and functions in centrosome maturation, spindle assembly, maintenance of spindle bipolarity, centrosome separation and mitotic checkpoint control. Phosphorylates numerous target proteins, including ARHGEF2, BRCA1, KIF2A, NDEL1, PARD3, PLK1 and BORA. Regulates KIF2A tubulin depolymerase activity (By similarity). Required for normal axon formation. Plays a role in microtubule remodeling during neurite extension. Important for microtubule formation and/or stabilization.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in testis and weakly in skeletal muscle, thymus and spleen. Also highly expressed in colon, ovarian, prostate, neuroblastoma, breast and cervical cancer cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Aurora subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsActivated by phosphorylation at Thr-288; this brings about a change in the conformation of the activation segment. Phosphorylation at Thr-288 varies during the cell cycle and is highest during M phase. Autophosphorylated at Thr-288 upon TPX2 binding. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the anaphase-promoting complex (APC), leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole. Detected at the neurite hillock in developing neurons (By similarity). Localizes on centrosomes in interphase cells and at each spindle pole in mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- AIK antibody
- ARK-1 antibody
- ARK1 antibody
Immunoprecipitation of Human Aurora A with ab1287 at 0.1 µg/mL.
Lane 1: ab1287 + Whole cell lysate (1.0 mg per IP reaction; 20% of IP loaded) from HeLa cells prepared using NETN lysis buffer.
Lane 2: IgG control + Whole cell lysate (1.0 mg per IP reaction; 20% of IP loaded) from HeLa cells prepared using NETN lysis buffer.
ab1287 has been referenced in 33 publications.
- Yasumizu Y et al. MUC1-C regulates lineage plasticity driving progression to neuroendocrine prostate cancer. Nat Commun 11:338 (2020). PubMed: 31953400
- Capalbo L et al. The midbody interactome reveals unexpected roles for PP1 phosphatases in cytokinesis. Nat Commun 10:4513 (2019). PubMed: 31586073
- Yang C et al. Effects of AURKA-mediated degradation of SOD2 on mitochondrial dysfunction and cartilage homeostasis in osteoarthritis. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30811038
- Willems E et al. Aurora A plays a dual role in migration and survival of human glioblastoma cells according to the CXCL12 concentration. Oncogene 38:73-87 (2019). PubMed: 30082913
- Liu N et al. Inhibition of Aurora A enhances radiosensitivity in selected lung cancer cell lines. Respir Res 20:230 (2019). PubMed: 31647033
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org