Question (64257) | Anti-Aurora A antibody - Centrosome Marker (ab12875)

Go to datasheet (ab12875)


To prepare my sample, I used a buffer containing 50mM Tris pH 7.5, 150mM NaCl, 1mM MgCl2 and 1% triton X-100. I included proteases inhibitors in the lysis buffer (complete edta-free tablet, from Roche). I incubated the cells 20 minutes with
this buffer and then cleared the lysate by a 15 min centrifugation at 20 000g. I evaluated the protein concentration of my
samples by the bradford method and then I added SDS-sample loading buffer to the lysates (containing DTT). I boiled the
samples for 5 minutes.
I suppose that the 8% acrylamide gel I used for SDS-PAGE is suitable for the experiment I performed since I see the 31kDa
band of the marker, meaning that proteins around 48 kDA might still be in the gel, although I could also try with a 12%
acrylamide gel.
There was no SDS in my transfer buffer, only methanol, tris and glycine. I did a Ponceau coloration of the membrane to
make sure the transfer worked well and everything was normal. I can also precise that I used these samples for other gels
that were runned and transferred at the same time as the gel described for the western blot that did not worked with
ab12875. I was able to detect 3 other proteins by Western blot, the only experiment that did not work was the one using
ab12875 primary antibody. Those proteins had a size of 60, 55 and 42 kDa so there is no reason why I should not see Aurora A which is supposed to migrate at 48 kDa.
We purchased this antibody less than one month ago so it might be possible that we request a credit. According to the catalog, Abcam sells other anti Aurora A antibodies that were reported to work well in western blot experiments so we would
be interested in trying another one.


Thank you for your reply.

I would be happy to offer you a replacement antibody or a credit. Please let me know which you would prefer. If you would like an antibody, please include the catalogue number.

I look forward to your reply.

Sign up