Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2204Y] to B MyB (phospho T487)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-B MyB (phospho T487) antibody [EPR2204Y]
See all B MyB primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2204Y] to B MyB (phospho T487)
Specificityab76009 detects B MyB phosphorlyated on threonine 487.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding threonine 487 of human B MyB.
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human B MyB protein
- Raji cell lysate treated with TPA + IGF. Human urinary bladder carcinoma tissue. HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76009 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval using 0.01M Sodium Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
FunctionTranscription factor involved in the regulation of cell survival, proliferation, and differentiation. Transactivates the expression of the CLU gene.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 HTH myb-type DNA-binding domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2 during S-phase. Phosphorylation at Thr-520 is probably involved in transcriptional activity.
- Information by UniProt
- B-Myb antibody
- BMyB antibody
- MGC15600 antibody
ab76009, at 1/100 dilution, staining B MyB in human urinary bladder carcinoma by immunohistochemistry using paraffin-embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-B MyB (phospho T487) antibody [EPR2204Y] (ab76009) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : Raji cell lysate treated with TPA + IGF
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 79 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76009, at 1/100 dilution, staining B MyB in HeLa cells by immunofluorescence.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab76009 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab76009, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab76009 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Werwein E et al. Activation of the oncogenic transcription factor B-Myb via multisite phosphorylation and prolyl cis/trans isomerization. Nucleic Acids Res 47:103-121 (2019). PubMed: 30321399
- Hauge S et al. p21 limits S phase DNA damage caused by the Wee1 inhibitor MK1775. Cell Cycle 18:834-847 (2019). PubMed: 30943845
- Musa J et al. Cooperation of cancer drivers with regulatory germline variants shapes clinical outcomes. Nat Commun 10:4128 (2019). PubMed: 31511524
- Shao M et al. MYBL2 protects against H9c2 injury induced by hypoxia via AKT and NF-?B pathways. Mol Med Rep 17:4832-4838 (2018). PubMed: 29328450
- Qiao A et al. The transcriptional regulator of the chaperone response HSF1 controls hepatic bioenergetics and protein homeostasis. J Cell Biol 216:723-741 (2017). PubMed: 28183717
- Hauge S et al. Combined inhibition of Wee1 and Chk1 gives synergistic DNA damage in S-phase due to distinct regulation of CDK activity and CDC45 loading. Oncotarget 8:10966-10979 (2017). PubMed: 28030798
- Klein DK et al. Cyclin F suppresses B-Myb activity to promote cell cycle checkpoint control. Nat Commun 6:5800 (2015). PubMed: 25557911
- Werwein E et al. B-Myb switches from Cyclin/Cdk-dependent to Jnk- and p38 kinase-dependent phosphorylation and associates with SC35 bodies after UV stress. Cell Death Dis 4:e511 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 23449447
- Sadasivam S et al. The MuvB complex sequentially recruits B-Myb and FoxM1 to promote mitotic gene expression. Genes Dev 26:474-89 (2012). WB, ChIP, IP ; Human . PubMed: 22391450