Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bad
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bad antibody
See all Bad primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bad
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with Bad
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the C terminal of human Bad
- T24 cell lysate and rat thymus cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62465 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionPromotes cell death. Successfully competes for the binding to Bcl-X(L), Bcl-2 and Bcl-W, thereby affecting the level of heterodimerization of these proteins with BAX. Can reverse the death repressor activity of Bcl-X(L), but not that of Bcl-2 (By similarity). Appears to act as a link between growth factor receptor signaling and the apoptotic pathways.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or more of Ser-75, Ser-99, Ser-118 and Ser-134 in response to survival stimuli, which blocks its pro-apoptotic activity. Phosphorylation on Ser-99 or Ser-75 promotes heterodimerization with 14-3-3 proteins. This interaction then facilitates the phosphorylation at Ser-118, a site within the BH3 motif, leading to the release of Bcl-X(L) and the promotion of cell survival. Ser-99 is the major site of AKT/PKB phosphorylation, Ser-118 the major site of protein kinase A (CAPK) phosphorylation. Ser-75 is phosphorylated by AKT/PKB, protein kinase A and PIM2.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cytoplasm. Upon phosphorylation, locates to the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- AI325008 antibody
- BAD antibody
- BAD_HUMAN antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Bad antibody (ab62465) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Bad antibody (ab62465) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-Bad antibody (ab62465) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : T24 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Anti rabbit IgG secondary antibody
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical staining of rat thymus using ab62465 at 2 µg/ml.
Immunofluorescence of BAD in Rat Thymus cells using ab62465 at 10 ug/ml.
ab62465 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Yen JH et al. Activation of dynamin-related protein 1 - dependent mitochondria fragmentation and suppression of osteosarcoma by cryptotanshinone. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:42 (2019). PubMed: 30691497
- Yang X et al. Nonylphenol promotes the proliferation of colorectal cancer COLO205 cells by upregulating the expression of protein kinase C ?. Oncol Lett 17:2498-2506 (2019). PubMed: 30675313
- Kabir S et al. The CUL5 ubiquitin ligase complex mediates resistance to CDK9 and MCL1 inhibitors in lung cancer cells. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31294695
- Singh A et al. Imprinting of cerebral cytochrome P450s in offsprings prenatally exposed to cypermethrin augments toxicity on rechallenge. Sci Rep 6:37426 (2016). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 27853314
- Wang H et al. Diallyl trisulfide induces osteosarcoma cell apoptosis through reactive oxygen species-mediated downregulation of the PI3K/Akt pathway. Oncol Rep 35:3648-58 (2016). PubMed: 27035545