Product nameAnti-Bag3 antibody [EPR3515]
See all Bag3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3515] to Bag3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Bag3 aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- 293T, HeLa, MCF7 and K562 cell lysates.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92309 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. PubMed: 24895585|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa).|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionInhibits the chaperone activity of HSP70/HSC70 by promoting substrate release. Has anti-apoptotic activity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in BAG3 are the cause of myopathy myofibrillar BAG3-related (MFM-BAG3) [MIM:612954]. A neuromuscular disorder that results in early-onset, severe, progressive, diffuse muscle weakness associated with cardiomyopathy, severe respiratory insufficiency during adolescence, and a rigid spine in some patients. At ultrastructural level, muscle fibers display structural alterations consisting of replacement of the normal myofibrillar markings by small, dense granules, or larger hyaline masses, or amorphous material.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BAG domain.
Contains 2 WW domains.
- Information by UniProt
- BAG 3 antibody
- BAG family molecular chaperone regulator 3 antibody
- BAG-3 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: BAG3 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: K562 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab92309 observed at 80 kDa. Red - loading control, ab18058, observed at 130 kDa.
ab92309 was shown to recognize BAG3 in wild-type cells as signal was lost at the expected MW in BAG3 knockout cells. Additional cross-reactive bands were observed in the wild-type and knockout cells. Wild-type and BAG3 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab92309 and ab18058 (Mouse anti-Vinculin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 μg/ml and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-Bag3 antibody [EPR3515] (ab92309) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell
Lane 2 : HeLa cell
Lane 3 :
MCF7 cell lysate
Lane 4 : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab92309 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yuan T et al. Inhibition of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway sensitizes diffuse large B-cell lymphoma cells to treatment with proteasome inhibitors via suppression of BAG3. Oncol Lett 17:3719-3726 (2019). PubMed: 30881494
- Shields S et al. BAG3 promotes tumour cell proliferation by regulating EGFR signal transduction pathways in triple negative breast cancer. Oncotarget 9:15673-15690 (2018). PubMed: 29644001
- Qi J et al. The role of Bag2 in neurotoxicity induced by the anesthetic sevoflurane. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30548665
- Xiao H et al. BAG3 and HIF-1 a Coexpression Detected by Immunohistochemistry Correlated with Prognosis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma after Liver Transplantation. Biomed Res Int 2014:516518 (2014). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24895585