Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BAI1
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BAI1 antibody
See all BAI1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BAI1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human BAI1 aa 683-732 (internal sequence).
- HUVEC cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49.1% PBS, 0.88% Sodium chloride
PBS without Mg2+ or Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit anti-serum by immunogenic peptide affinity-chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab135907 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24509909|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 174 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionPhosphatidylserine receptor that enhances the engulfment of apoptotic cells. Likely to be a potent inhibitor of angiogenesis in brain and may play a significant role as a mediator of the p53 signal in suppression of glioblastoma. May function in cell adhesion and signal transduction in the brain.
Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed in brain. Reduced or no expression is observed in some glioblastoma cell lines and cancer tissues. No expression in astrocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 2 family. LN-TM7 subfamily.
Contains 1 GPS domain.
Contains 5 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe TSP1 repeats inhibit in vivo angiogenesis in rat cornea induced by BFGF.
modificationsThe endogenous protein is proteolytically cleaved into 2 subunits, an extracellular subunit and a seven-transmembrane subunit.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Likely to be concentrated at cell-cell adhesion sites.
- Information by UniProt
- B830018M07Rik antibody
- BAI 1 antibody
- BAI1 antibody
Anti-BAI1 antibody (ab135907) at 1/500 dilution + Huvec cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 174 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed, 0.3% Triton X-100 permeabilized paraffin-embedded mouse hippocampus tissue labeling BAI1 with ab135907 at 1/50 dilution,followed by Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP) at 1/500 dilution.
ab135907 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tian DW et al. Biological effects of eukaryotic recombinant plasmid pReceiver-M61-BAI-1 transfection on T24 cells and HUVECs. Mol Med Rep 14:1553-9 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27356780
- Tian D et al. Expression of brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor-1 and association with p53, microvessel density and vascular endothelial growth factor in the tissue of human bladder transitional cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep 12:4522-4529 (2015). PubMed: 26129954
- Belone Ade F et al. Genome-Wide Screening of mRNA Expression in Leprosy Patients. Front Genet 6:334 (2015). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 26635870
- Das S et al. Brain angiogenesis inhibitor 1 is expressed by gastric phagocytes during infection with Helicobacter pylori and mediates the recognition and engulfment of human apoptotic gastric epithelial cells. FASEB J 28:2214-24 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 24509909