Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bax
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bax antibody
See all Bax primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bax
Preliminary customer data suggests that the current lot may not work in rat species, therefore it will be removed as a validated species until new testing is available.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Bax. The immunogen in within aa 1-50.
Database link: Q07812
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53154 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 21 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionAccelerates programmed cell death by binding to, and antagonizing the apoptosis repressor BCL2 or its adenovirus homolog E1B 19k protein. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes translocation to the mitochondrion membrane, leading to the release of cytochrome c that then triggers apoptosis. Promotes activation of CASP3, and thereby apoptosis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues. Isoform Psi is found in glial tumors. Isoform Alpha is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, colon and brain, and at low levels in skin and lung. Isoform Sigma is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, lung, colon, brain and at low levels in skin. Isoform Alpha and isoform Sigma are expressed in pro-myelocytic leukemia, histiocytic lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, breast adenocarcinoma, ovary adenocarcinoma, prostate carcinoma, prostate adenocarcinoma, lung carcinoma, epidermoid carcinoma, small cell lung carcinoma and colon adenocarcinoma cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion membrane. Cytoplasm. Colocalizes with 14-3-3 proteins in the cytoplasm. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes release from JNK-phosphorylated 14-3-3 proteins and translocation to the mitochondrion membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptosis regulator BAX antibody
- BAX antibody
- Bax-protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-Bax antibody (ab53154) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell extracts
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell extracts with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 21 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of A549 (Human lung carcinoma cell line) cells, using ab53154 at 1/100 dilution. The picture on the right is treated with the synthesized peptide.
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma tissue, using ab53154 at 1/50 dilution. The picture on the right is treated with the synthesized peptide.
ab53154 staining human normal gallbladder tissue. Staining is localized to cell membrane and cytoplasm.
Left panel: ab53154 at 4 µg/ml. Right panel: Isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the EDTA pH 9.0. Slides were blocked in 3% H2O2, methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with hematoxylin and coverslipped. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab53154 has been referenced in 132 publications.
- Li T et al. MicroRNA-206 inhibition and activation of the AMPK/Nampt signalling pathway enhance sevoflurane post-conditioning-induced amelioration of myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury. J Drug Target 28:80-91 (2020). PubMed: 31092059
- Kilany OE et al. Tribulus terrestris ameliorates carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in male rats through suppression of oxidative stress and inflammation. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32342415
- Huang L et al. Long non-coding RNA NCK1-AS1 promotes the tumorigenesis of glioma through sponging microRNA-138-2-3p and activating the TRIM24/Wnt/ß-catenin axis. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 39:63 (2020). PubMed: 32293515
- Duan Y et al. Tetramethylpyrazine reduces inflammation levels and the apoptosis of LPS-stimulated human periodontal ligament cells via the downregulation of miR-302b. Int J Mol Med 45:1918-1926 (2020). PubMed: 32236610
- Song Y et al. MiR-144 affects proliferation and apoptosis of high glucose-induced AC16 cardiomyocytes by regulating CTRP3/JNK signaling. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 13:142-152 (2020). PubMed: 32211094