Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [M144] to BCAR1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-BCAR1 antibody [M144]
See all BCAR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [M144] to BCAR1
Specificityab31831 detects a 130 kDa protein corresponding to the molecular mass of p130 Cas on SDS-PAGE immunoblots of human A431, endothelial, and Hct116 cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Recombinant protein containing amino acid residues in the C-terminal region of rat p130 Cas.
Epitopeab31831 recognises an epitope located in teh C terminal region of BCAR1.
- Human A431, endothelial, and Hct116 cells. IHC-P: Human testis tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31831 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.|
FunctionDocking protein which plays a central coordinating role for tyrosine kinase-based signaling related to cell adhesion. Implicated in induction of cell migration. Overexpression confers antiestrogen resistance on breast cancer cells.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed with an abundant expression in the testis. Low level of expression seen in the liver, thymus, and peripheral blood leukocytes. The protein has been detected in a B-cell line.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CAS family.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
DomainContains a central domain (substrate domain) containing multiple potential SH2-binding sites and a C-terminal domain containing a divergent helix-loop-helix (HLH) motif. The SH2-binding sites putatively bind CRK, NCK and ABL1 SH2 domains. The HLH motif is absolutely required for the induction of pseudohyphal growth in yeast and mediates heterodimerization with NEDD9.
A serine-rich region promotes activation of the serum response element (SRE).
The SH3 domain is necessary for the localization of the protein to focal adhesions and interacts with one proline-rich region of PTK2/FAK11.
modificationsPTK2/FAK1 activation mediates phosphorylation at the YDYVHL motif; phosphorylation is most likely catalyzed by SRC family members. SRC-family kinases are recruited to the phosphorylated sites and can phosphorylate other tyrosine residues. Tyrosine phosphorylation is triggered by integrin-mediated adhesion of cells to the extracellular matrix.
Dephosphorylated by PTPN14 at Tyr-128.
Cellular localizationCell junction, focal adhesion. Cytoplasm. Unphosphorylated form localizes in the cytoplasm and can move to the membrane upon tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Information by UniProt
- BCAR 1 antibody
- Bcar1 antibody
- BCAR1_HUMAN antibody
Western blot analysis of human endothelial cells serum starved overnight (lanes 1, 3, & 5) or treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes (lanes 2, 4, & 6). The blot was probed with anti-BCAR1 (ab31831; lanes 1 & 2), anti-BCAR1 (Tyr-751) (lanes 3 & 4) or anti-BCAR1 (Tyr-762) (lanes 5 & 6).
IHC image of BCAR1 staining in human testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab31831, 1/200 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab31831 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab31831, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ab31831 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Dybdal-Hargreaves NF et al. Correction: Regulation of E-cadherin localization by microtubule targeting agents: rapid promotion of cortical E-cadherin through p130CAS/Src inhibition by eribulin. Oncotarget 10:4719-4720 (2019). PubMed: 31384398
- Heumann A et al. High BCAR1 expression is associated with early PSA recurrence in ERG negative prostate cancer. BMC Cancer 18:37 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29304771
- Beck TN et al. EGFR and RB1 as Dual Biomarkers in HPV-Negative Head and Neck Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 15:2486-2497 (2016). PubMed: 27507850
- Yuan L & Liu X Platelets are associated with xenograft tumor growth and the clinical malignancy of ovarian cancer through an angiogenesis-dependent mechanism. Mol Med Rep 11:2449-58 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25502723
- Miao Y et al. Expression of p130cas, E-cadherin and ß-catenin and their correlation with clinicopathological parameters in non-small cell lung cancer: p130cas over-expression predicts poor prognosis. Folia Histochem Cytobiol 50:392-7 (2012). PubMed: 23042269