Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BCAT2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BCAT2 antibody
See all BCAT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BCAT2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Recombinant fragment containing a sequence corresponding to a region within amino acids 25-302 of Human BCAT2 (NP_001181).
- Raji and NIH3T3 whole cell lysates; A431 cells; Ca922; H1299, HeLaS3, HepG2, Molt4 cells
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 78% PBS, 1% BSA, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95976 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionCatalyzes the first reaction in the catabolism of the essential branched chain amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine. May also function as a transporter of branched chain alpha-keto acids.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-IV pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion.
- Information by UniProt
- BCAM antibody
- BCAT 2 antibody
- BCAT(m) antibody
Anti-BCAT2 antibody (ab95976) at 1/1000 dilution + Raji whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
ab95976, at 1/200 dilution, staining BCAT2 in paraformaldehyde-fixed A431 cells by Immunofluorescence. Lower image is merged with DNA probe.
Paraffin embedded Ca922 tissue stained for BCAT2 using ab95976 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Anti-BCAT2 antibody (ab95976) at 1/1000 dilution + NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
ab95976 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Singh R et al. Metabolic profiling of follistatin overexpression: a novel therapeutic strategy for metabolic diseases. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 11:65-84 (2018). PubMed: 29618935
- Wang WM et al. MicroRNA-182 Regulates Neurite Outgrowth Involving the PTEN/AKT Pathway. Front Cell Neurosci 11:96 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28442995
- Antanaviciute I et al. Transcriptional hallmarks of cancer cell lines reveal an emerging role of branched chain amino acid catabolism. Sci Rep 7:7820 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28798381
- Kitsy A et al. Effects of leucine supplementation and serum withdrawal on branched-chain amino acid pathway gene and protein expression in mouse adipocytes. PLoS One 9:e102615 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25050624