Product nameBCIP toluidine salt, histochemical alkaline phosphatase substrate
DescriptionHistochemical alkaline phosphatase substrate.
- 5-Bromo-4-chloro-3-indolyl phosphate p-toluidine salt
- BCIP 4-toluidine salt
- BCIP p-toluidine salt
- X-phosphate p-toluidine salt
Chromogenic substrate for alkaline phosphatase. Often used in combination with nitro blue tetrazolium chloride (NBT) to amplify the sensitivity of staining.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Lee SW et al. Enhanced biomolecular detection based on localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) using enzyme-precipitation reaction. J Nanosci Nanotechnol 10:3246-9 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20358932) »
- Meltzer JC et al. Enhanced immunohistochemical detection of autonomic nerve fibers, cytokines and inducible nitric oxide synthase by light and fluorescent microscopy in rat spleen. J Histochem Cytochem 45:599-610 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9111238) »
- Okamoto Y et al. Detection of interleukin 6-producing cells among various organs in normal mice with an improved enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISPOT) assay. Endocr J 44:349-55 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9279509) »
- Leary JJ et al. Rapid and sensitive colorimetric method for visualizing biotin-labeled DNA probes hybridized to DNA or RNA immobilized on nitrocellulose: Bio-blots. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 80:4045-9 (1983). Read more (PubMed: 6191328) »