Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bcl-XL
- Suitable for: ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bcl-XL antibody
See all Bcl-XL primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bcl-XL
SpecificityThis antibody detects the 30 kDa Bcl-XL protein. It does not react with other Bcl-2 family members.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICCHuman
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesAffinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2568 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionPotent inhibitor of cell death. Inhibits activation of caspases (By similarity). Appears to regulate cell death by blocking the voltage-dependent anion channnel (VDAC) by binding to it and preventing the release of the caspase activator, CYC1, from the mitochondrial membrane.
Isoform Bcl-X(S) promotes apoptosis.
Tissue specificityBcl-X(S) is expressed at high levels in cells that undergo a high rate of turnover, such as developing lymphocytes. In contrast, Bcl-X(L) is found in tissues containing long-lived postmitotic cells, such as adult brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
DomainThe BH4 motif is required for anti-apoptotic activity. The BH1 and BH2 motifs are required for both heterodimerization with other Bcl-2 family members and for repression of cell death.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved by caspases during apoptosis. The cleaved protein, lacking the BH4 motif, has pro-apoptotic activity.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion membrane. Nucleus membrane. Mitochondrial membranes and perinuclear envelope.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptosis regulator Bcl X antibody
- Apoptosis regulator Bcl-X antibody
- Apoptosis regulator BclX antibody
ICC/IF image of ab2568 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab2568, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab2568 staining BCL-XL (green) in Mouse RAW 264.7 cells by ICC (Immunocytochemistry). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized by 0.1% Triton X-100 in 2% BSA for 15 minutes and blocked with 2% BSA for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/250 in 2% BSA in PBS) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Chicken anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/750) was used as the secondary antibody.
WGA (red) = Alexa Fluor®568-conjugated Wheat Germ Agglutinin
ab2568 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Miller IP et al. Beneficial Role of ROS in Cell Survival: Moderate Increases in H2O2 Production Induced by Hepatocyte Isolation Mediate Stress Adaptation and Enhanced Survival. Antioxidants (Basel) 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31581418
- Du L et al. Everolimus inhibits breast cancer cell growth through PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:7163-7169 (2018). PubMed: 29568883
- Farina AR et al. TrkAIII signals endoplasmic reticulum stress to the mitochondria in neuroblastoma cells, resulting in glycolytic metabolic adaptation. Oncotarget 9:8368-8390 (2018). PubMed: 29492201
- Sang Q et al. Curcumin Protects an SH-SY5Y Cell Model of Parkinson's Disease Against Toxic Injury by Regulating HSP90. Cell Physiol Biochem 51:681-691 (2018). PubMed: 30463061
- Chen L et al. Juglanin inhibits lung cancer by regulation of apoptosis, ROS and autophagy induction. Oncotarget 8:93878-93898 (2017). PubMed: 29212196