Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bcl6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bcl6 antibody
See all Bcl6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bcl6
SpecificityDetects 80-100 kDa Bcl-6 of human, mouse, and rat origins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide mapping to the C terminus of human Bcl6.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19011 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
FunctionTranscriptional repressor which is required for germinal center formation and antibody affinity maturation. Probably plays an important role in lymphomagenesis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in germinal center T and B cells and in primary immature dendritic cells.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Chromosomal aberrations involving BCL6 may be a cause of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Translocation t(3;14)(q27;q32); translocation t(3;22)(q27;q11) with immunoglobulin gene regions.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving BCL6 may be a cause of a form of B-cell leukemia. Translocation t(3;11)(q27;q23) with POU2AF1/OBF1.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving BCL6 may be a cause of lymphoma. Translocation t(3;4)(q27;p11) with ARHH/TTF.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BTB (POZ) domain.
Contains 6 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
DomainThe BTB domain mediates homodimerization. Its dimer interface mediates peptide binding such as to corepressors BCOR and NCOR2.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAPK1 in response to antigen receptor activation. Phosphorylation induces its degradation by ubiquitin/proteasome pathway.
- Information by UniProt
- B cell CLL/lymphoma 6 antibody
- B cell lymphoma 6 protein antibody
- B-cell lymphoma 5 protein antibody
ab19011 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Li P et al. miR-339-5p inhibits lung adenocarcinoma invasion and migration by directly targeting BCL6. Oncol Lett 16:5785-5790 (2018). PubMed: 30333862
- Pei Y et al. An essential EBV latent antigen 3C binds Bcl6 for targeted degradation and cell proliferation. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006500 (2017). PubMed: 28738086
- Sprokholt JK et al. RIG-I-like receptor activation by dengue virus drives follicular T helper cell formation and antibody production. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006738 (2017). PubMed: 29186193
- Hu X et al. Identification of zinc finger protein Bcl6 as a novel regulator of early adipose commitment. Open Biol 6:N/A (2016). WB . PubMed: 27251748
- Ma Y et al. Deriving a cardiac ageing signature to reveal MMP-9-dependent inflammatory signalling in senescence. Cardiovasc Res 106:421-31 (2015). PubMed: 25883218
- Gringhuis SI et al. Fucose-based PAMPs prime dendritic cells for follicular T helper cell polarization via DC-SIGN-dependent IL-27 production. Nat Commun 5:5074 (2014). PubMed: 25278262
- Mathew R et al. BTB-ZF factors recruit the E3 ligase cullin 3 to regulate lymphoid effector programs. Nature 491:618-21 (2012). PubMed: 23086144
- Hodge LS et al. IL-21 in the bone marrow microenvironment contributes to IgM secretion and proliferation of malignant cells in Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia. Blood 120:3774-82 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22976953
- Hillion S et al. IL-6 contributes to the expression of RAGs in human mature B cells. J Immunol 179:6790-8 (2007). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 17982069