Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BCL9
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BCL9 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BCL9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human BCL9 aa 800-900 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37305 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa).Can be blocked with Human BCL9 peptide (ab37304).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
RelevanceBCL9 is involved in signal transduction through the Wnt pathway. It promotes beta-catenin's transcriptional activity. BCL9 is associated with B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The overexpression of BCL9 may be of pathogenic significance in B-cell malignancies (referenced from swissprot and entrez gene).
- B-cell CLL/lymphoma 9 antibody
- BCL 9 antibody
- Legless homolog antibody
- LGS antibody
ab37305 stained in HeLa cells. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) at room temperature and incubated with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% Triton for 1h at room temperature to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab37305 at 5µg/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) used at a 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150081, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed, (pseudo-colored green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed, (colored red), both used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1hour at room temperature.
All lanes : Anti-BCL9 antibody (ab37305) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lane 3 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 4 : Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 140 kDa
Observed band size: 180 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 47 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
ab37305 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Salazar VS et al. Reactivation of a developmental Bmp2 signaling center is required for therapeutic control of the murine periosteal niche. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30735122
- Wang L et al. Mechanism of Low Expression of miR-30a-5p on Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and Metastasis in Ovarian Cancer. DNA Cell Biol 38:341-351 (2019). PubMed: 30839226
- Soe MT et al. Immunohistochemical Mapping of Bcl9 Using Two Antibodies that Recognize Different Epitopes Is Useful to Characterize Juvenile Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Myanmar. Acta Histochem Cytochem 52:9-17 (2019). PubMed: 30923411
- Feng M et al. Pharmacological inhibition of ß-catenin/BCL9 interaction overcomes resistance to immune checkpoint blockades by modulating Treg cells. Sci Adv 5:eaau5240 (2019). PubMed: 31086813
- Miao Y et al. miR-30a inhibits breast cancer progression through the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 12:241-250 (2019). PubMed: 31933739