Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [BXP-21] to BCRP/ABCG2
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-BCRP/ABCG2 antibody [BXP-21]
See all BCRP/ABCG2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BXP-21] to BCRP/ABCG2
BXP-21 reacts with an internal epitope of BCRP/ABCG2, a 70 kD transmembrane half-transporter which is involved in Multidrug resistance. This antibody does not react with the human MDR1, MRP1 and MRP2 gene products.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Fusion protein composed of E. Coli maltose binding protein and BCRP peptide [126 amino acids, 271-396 AA of BCRP, GeneBank accession #AF098951].
- IHC-P: Human breast cancer tissue. ICC/IF: MCF7 cells. Caco Cell lysate (see second reference cited).
For the WB, please note the subcellular localization and distribution of the BCRP/ABCG2 in Normal Human Tissues: PMID:11309308
We have received mixed feedback from customers, the antibody showed 45-50 kDa band size in A549 and Caco2 cell lines against predicted size of 72kDa. In response to data we have received we no longer guarantee this antibody for western blot. ABCG2 is a multi-pass membrane protein so for troubleshooting we would recommend heating the samples at 60-70C for 15-20 minutes instead of boiling and as this protein exists as homodimer so complete reduction of samples is highly recommended. In case of any other question please email scientific support team.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.3
Constituent: 0.7% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Primary antibody notesBreast Cancer Resistance Protein (BCRP) is a 70 kDa ATP-Binding Cassette membrane transport protein involved in multidrug resistance. BCRP may be over-expressed in cancer cell lines selected with doxorubicin / verapamil, topotecan or mitoxantrone.
FunctionXenobiotic transporter that may play an important role in the exclusion of xenobiotics from the brain. May be involved in brain-to-blood efflux. Appears to play a major role in the multidrug resistance phenotype of several cancer cell lines. When overexpressed, the transfected cells become resistant to mitoxantrone, daunorubicin and doxorubicin, display diminished intracellular accumulation of daunorubicin, and manifest an ATP-dependent increase in the efflux of rhodamine 123.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta. Low expression in small intestine, liver and colon.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCG family. Eye pigment precursor importer (TC 3.A.1.204) subfamily.
Contains 1 ABC transmembrane type-2 domain.
Contains 1 ABC transporter domain.
modificationsGlycosylation-deficient ABCG2 is normally expressed and functional.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ABC transporter antibody
- ABC15 antibody
- ABCG 2 antibody
ab3380 has been referenced in 92 publications.
- Versele R et al. Ketone Bodies Promote Amyloid-ß1-40 Clearance in a Human in Vitro Blood-Brain Barrier Model. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32023814
- Zámbó B et al. Cellular expression and function of naturally occurring variants of the human ABCG2 multidrug transporter. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31254042
- Chung WM et al. Increase Paclitaxel Sensitivity to Better Suppress Serous Epithelial Ovarian Cancer via Ablating Androgen Receptor/Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor-ABCG2 Axis. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30986993
- Li X et al. NOS1 upregulates ABCG2 expression contributing to DDP chemoresistance in ovarian cancer cells. Oncol Lett 17:1595-1602 (2019). PubMed: 30675218
- Koehn LM et al. Developmental differences in the expression of ABC transporters at rat brain barrier interfaces following chronic exposure to diallyl sulfide. Sci Rep 9:5998 (2019). PubMed: 30979952