Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BD-3
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-BD-3 antibody
See all BD-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BD-3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human BD-3.
Previously labelled as beta Defensin 3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19270 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 5 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 5 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 23627872|
FunctionExhibits antimicrobial activity against Gram-positive bacteria S.aureus and S.pyogenes, Gram-negative bacteria P.aeruginosa and E.coli and the yeast C.albicans. Kills multiresistant S.aureus and vancomycin-resistent E.faecium. No significant hemolytic activity was observed.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in skin and tonsils, and to a lesser extent in trachea, uterus, kidney, thymus, adenoid, pharynx and tongue. Low expression in salivary gland, bone marrow, colon, stomach, polyp and larynx. No expression in small intestine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-defensin family.
- Information by UniProt
- BD 3 antibody
- BD-3 antibody
- BD3 antibody
ab19270 staining BD-3 in the A549 cell line from Human Lung by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence) treated with cigarette smoke extract. Cells were fixed , permeabilized and blocked. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500) for 1 hour. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated was used as the secondary antibody and DAPI used to stain the nuclei.
ab19270 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Miani M et al. Gut Microbiota-Stimulated Innate Lymphoid Cells Support ß-Defensin 14 Expression in Pancreatic Endocrine Cells, Preventing Autoimmune Diabetes. Cell Metab N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30017352
- Zhu M et al. Transplantation of periodontal ligament cell sheets expressing human ß-defensin-3 promotes anti-inflammation in a canine model of periodontitis. Mol Med Rep 16:7459-7467 (2017). PubMed: 28944821
- Zhu M et al. Expression and antimicrobial character of cells transfected with human ß-defensin-3 against periodontitis-associated microbiota in vitro. Mol Med Rep 16:2455-2460 (2017). PubMed: 28677765
- Pierson T et al. Cigarette smoke extract induces differential expression levels of beta-defensin peptides in human alveolar epithelial cells. Tob Induc Dis 11:10 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23627872
- Maisetta G et al. Evaluation of the inhibitory effects of human serum components on bactericidal activity of human beta defensin 3. Peptides 29:1-6 (2008). PubMed: 18045738