Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [35928.11] to BDNF
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-BDNF antibody [35928.11]
See all BDNF primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [35928.11] to BDNF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant human BDNF (rhBDNF) expressed in Sf 21 insect cells.
- Brain tissue lysate
General notesEndotoxin: <10 ng/mg by LAL method.
For BDNF, multiple WB bands are possible and expected. The human protein has 5 isoforms (precursors: 28 – 37 kDa) and can be glycosylated (Uniprot: http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P23560). The mature form is expected at ~14 kDa (monomer) and the dimer at ~28 kDa.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesThe antibody is purified by Protein A affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10505 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 27.8 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
Involvement in diseaseBulimia nervosa 2
Congenital central hypoventilation syndrome
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Information by UniProt
- Abrineurin antibody
- ANON2 antibody
- BDNF antibody
ab10505 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Jasim H et al. Saliva as a medium to detect and measure biomarkers related to pain. Sci Rep 8:3220 (2018). PubMed: 29459715
- Yu J et al. IL-1ß Stimulates Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Production in Eutopic Endometriosis Stromal Cell Cultures: A Model for Cytokine Regulation of Neuroangiogenesis. Am J Pathol 188:2281-2292 (2018). PubMed: 30031725
- Zhang H et al. Total saponins from the leaves of Panax notoginseng inhibit depression on mouse chronic unpredictable mild stress model by regulating circRNA expression. Brain Behav 8:e01127 (2018). PubMed: 30298999
- Wang L et al. MicroRNA-103 suppresses glioma cell proliferation and invasion by targeting the brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Mol Med Rep 17:4083-4089 (2018). PubMed: 29257320
- Chen H et al. Focused ultrasound-enhanced intranasal brain delivery of brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Sci Rep 6:28599 (2016). PubMed: 27345430
- Aili A et al. MicroRNA-10b suppresses the migration and invasion of chondrosarcoma cells by targeting brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Mol Med Rep 13:441-6 (2016). PubMed: 26549320
- Deng FY et al. SNP rs6265 regulates protein phosphorylation and osteoblast differentiation and influences BMD in humans. J Bone Miner Res 28:2498-507 (2013). PubMed: 23712400
- Hsu YY et al. KMUP-1 attenuates serum deprivation-induced neurotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells: roles of PKG, PI3K/Akt and Bcl-2/Bax pathways. Toxicology 268:46-54 (2010). PubMed: 19962417
- Grant MM et al. The presence of ascorbate induces expression of brain derived neurotrophic factor in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells after peroxide insult, which is associated with increased survival. Proteomics 5:534-40 (2005). PubMed: 15627972
- Kowalski PJ & Paulino AF Perineural invasion in adenoid cystic carcinoma: Its causation/promotion by brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Hum Pathol 33:933-6 (2002). PubMed: 12378520