Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3B2] to BDNF
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-BDNF antibody [3B2]
See all BDNF primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3B2] to BDNF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human BDNF (N terminal). (Purified from E.coli).
Database link: P23560
- Brain tissue lysate, proBDNF-expressing U2OS cells; Human cerebral cortex tissue sections from Alzheimer's disease patients.
For BDNF, multiple WB bands are possible and expected. The human protein has 5 isoforms (precursors: 28 – 37 kDa) and can be glycosylated (Uniprot: http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P23560). The mature form is expected at ~14 kDa (monomer) and the dimer at ~28 kDa.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab205067 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.2 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 0.33 - 20 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
Involvement in diseaseBulimia nervosa 2
Congenital central hypoventilation syndrome
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Information by UniProt
- Abrineurin antibody
- ANON2 antibody
- BDNF antibody
All lanes : Anti-BDNF antibody [3B2] (ab205067) at 2.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human hippocampus with MES
Lane 2 : Rat hippocampus with MES
Lane 3 : Mouse hippocampus with MES
All lanes : Goat anti-Mouse800 Licor at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MES buffer system. The gel ran at 200V for 35 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for 1 hour before incubation with ab205067 (2.5 microgram /mL) overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using infrared labelled goat anti-mouse IgG (green) at a 1:10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature.
Immunofluorescent analysis of U2OS cells labeling BDNF with ab205067 at 0.33 µg/ml, followed by Goat anti-mouse AlexaFluor488 secondary antibody. For nuclear staining DAPI was used. A: proBDNF-expressing U2OS cells; B. Negative control (non-transfected U2OS cells).
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human cerebral cortex tissue sections from Alzheimer's disease patients labeling BDNF with ab205067 at 5 µg/ml, followed by peroxidase secondary detection and DAB staining. A: BDNF staining by ab205067; B.Negative staining without primary antibody. Sections were counterstained with toluidine blue.
Anti-BDNF antibody [3B2] (ab205067) at 5 µg/ml + 10 µl of CHO cell culture supernatant containing BDNF at 10 µl
HRP-conjugated Goat anti-Mouse IgG
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
ab205067 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Saw G et al. Epigenetic regulation of microglial phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway involved in long-term potentiation and synaptic plasticity in rats. Glia 68:656-669 (2020). PubMed: 31702864
- Ni L et al. The potential role of the HCN1 ion channel and BDNF-mTOR signaling pathways and synaptic transmission in the alleviation of PTSD. Transl Psychiatry 10:101 (2020). PubMed: 32198387
- Yang Y et al. Pivotal role of cAMP-PKA-CREB signaling pathway in manganese-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells. Environ Toxicol 34:1052-1062 (2019). PubMed: 31161640
- Abd-Elrahman KS & Ferguson SSG Modulation of mTOR and CREB pathways following mGluR5 blockade contribute to improved Huntington's pathology in zQ175 mice. Mol Brain 12:35 (2019). PubMed: 30961637
- Song Y et al. MicroRNA-584 prohibits hepatocellular carcinoma cell proliferation and invasion by directly targeting BDNF. Mol Med Rep 20:1994-2001 (2019). PubMed: 31257521