Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Beclin 1 (phospho S234)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Beclin 1 (phospho S234) antibody
See all Beclin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Beclin 1 (phospho S234)
SpecificityImmunolabeling of the Beclin 1 band is decreased in the Beclin 1 alanine substitution mutant. Additional bands may be observed in non-immunoprecipitated lysates.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cow, Dog, Non human primates
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Beclin 1 (phospho S234). The phosphopeptide corresponds to amino acid residues surrounding phospho-serine 234.
Database link: Q14457
- HeLa and 293T expressing recombinant Beclin 1 cell lysates.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Constituents: 0.24% HEPES, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab183335 was prepared from rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephosphopeptide affinity column.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183335 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/250. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
FunctionPlays a central role in autophagy (By similarity). May play a role in antiviral host defense. Protects against infection by a neurovirulent strain of Sindbis virus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beclin family.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Interaction with ATG14 promotes translocation to autophagosomes. Expressed in dendrites and cell bodies of cerebellar Purkinje cells.
- Information by UniProt
- APG6 antibody
- ATG 6 antibody
- ATG6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Beclin 1 (phospho S234) antibody (ab183335) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysate from 293T cells expressing wild type flag-Beclin 1
Lane 2 : Lysate from 293T cells expressing mutant flag-Beclin 1 (S234A, S295A).
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab183335 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Tan P et al. Rapamycin-induced miR-30a downregulation inhibits senescence of VSMCs by targeting Beclin1. Int J Mol Med 43:1311-1320 (2019). PubMed: 30747228
- Kumar A & Shaha C SESN2 facilitates mitophagy by helping Parkin translocation through ULK1 mediated Beclin1 phosphorylation. Sci Rep 8:615 (2018). PubMed: 29330382
- Huang G et al. Notoginsenoside R1 attenuates glucose-induced podocyte injury via the inhibition of apoptosis and the activation of autophagy through the PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med 39:559-568 (2017). Human . PubMed: 28112381
- Liu W et al. Electroacupuncture protects against ischemic stroke by reducing autophagosome formation and inhibiting autophagy through the mTORC1-ULK1 complex-Beclin1 pathway. Int J Mol Med 37:309-18 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26647915
- Li C et al. Molecular switch role of Akt in Polygonatum odoratum lectin-induced apoptosis and autophagy in human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells. PLoS One 9:e101526 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24992302