Key features and details
- Isoquinoline alkaloid. Apoptotic anticancer agent.
- CAS Number: 633-65-8
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 5 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameBerberine chloride, Isoquinoline alkaloid
DescriptionIsoquinoline alkaloid. Apoptotic anticancer agent.
Biological descriptionIsoquinoline alkaloid. Antibacterial, antifungal, antivial, antiproliferation and anticancer properties. Broad spectrum enzyme inhibitor, affects N-acetyltransferase, cyclooxygenase-2, and topoisomerase activities and gene/protein expression.
Chemical name5,6-Dihydro-9,10-dimethoxybenzo[g]-1,3-benzodioxolo[5,6-a]quinolizinium chloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 5 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142117 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Huang C et al. Berberine inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition and promotes apoptosis of tumour-associated fibroblast-induced colonic epithelial cells through regulation of TGF-ß signalling. J Cell Commun Signal 14:53-66 (2020). PubMed: 31399854
- Huang C et al. Berberine reversed the epithelial-mesenchymal transition of normal colonic epithelial cells induced by SW480 cells through regulating the important components in the TGF-ß pathway. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2018). Human . PubMed: 30536375