Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody
See all beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13989 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 46.5 kDa.|
FunctionBeta-adrenergic receptors mediate the catecholamine-induced activation of adenylate cyclase through the action of G proteins. The beta-2-adrenergic receptor binds epinephrine with an approximately 30-fold greater affinity than it does norepinephrine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Adrenergic receptor subfamily. ADRB2 sub-subfamily.
modificationsPalmitoylated; may reduce accessibility of Ser-345 and Ser-346 by anchoring Cys-341 to the plasma membrane. Agonist stimulation promotes depalmitoylation and further allows Ser-345 and Ser-346 phosphorylation.
Phosphorylated by PKA and BARK upon agonist stimulation, which mediates homologous desensitization of the receptor. PKA-mediated phosphorylation seems to facilitate phosphorylation by BARK. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Phosphorylation of Tyr-141 is induced by insulin and leads to supersensitization of the receptor.
Ubiquitinated. Agonist-induced ubiquitination leads to sort internalized receptors to the lysosomes for degradation. Deubiquitination by USP20 and USP33, leads to ADRB2 recycling and resensitization after prolonged agonist stimulation. USP20 and USP33 are constitutively associated and are dissociated immediately after agonist stimulation.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ADRB2 antibody
- ADRB2_HUMAN antibody
- ADRB2R antibody
E coli-derived fusion protein as test antigen. Affi-pure IgY dilution: 1/2000, Goat anti-IgY-HRP dilution: 1/1000. Colorimetric method for signal development. E coli-derived fusion protein as test antigen. Affi-pure IgY dilution: 1/2000, Goat anti-IgY-HRP dilution: 1/1000. Colorimetric method for signal development.
ab13989 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Bachmann SB et al. A Distinct Role of the Autonomic Nervous System in Modulating the Function of Lymphatic Vessels under Physiological and Tumor-Draining Conditions. Cell Rep 27:3305-3314.e13 (2019). PubMed: 31189113
- Lai J et al. ß-Adrenoceptor signaling regulates proliferation and contraction of human bladder smooth muscle cells under pathological hydrostatic pressure. J Cell Biochem 120:17872-17886 (2019). PubMed: 31161623
- Koryakina Y et al. Effects of the ß-agonist, isoprenaline, on the down-regulation, functional responsiveness and trafficking of ß2-adrenergic receptors with N-terminal polymorphisms. Cell Biol Int 36:1171-83 (2012). PubMed: 22938397
- Valentine CD & Haggie PM Confinement of ß(1)- and ß(2)-adrenergic receptors in the plasma membrane of cardiomyocyte-like H9c2 cells is mediated by selective interactions with PDZ domain and A-kinase anchoring proteins but not caveolae. Mol Biol Cell 22:2970-82 (2011). PubMed: 21680711
- Koryakina YA et al. Characterization of a panel of six beta2-adrenergic receptor antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence microscopy. Respir Res 9:32 (2008). ICC/IF ; Human, Rat . PubMed: 18423037