Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody
See all beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor
Specificityab61778 detects endogenous levels of total beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor around the phosphorylation site of serine 346.
- Human brain tissue. HeLa cells.
Based on immunogen sequence homology data ab61778 is predicted to react with mouse species however customers has provided us mixed feedback which is why we no longer support its cross reactivity with mouse samples.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab61778 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61778 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa. (see Abreview)|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionBeta-adrenergic receptors mediate the catecholamine-induced activation of adenylate cyclase through the action of G proteins. The beta-2-adrenergic receptor binds epinephrine with an approximately 30-fold greater affinity than it does norepinephrine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Adrenergic receptor subfamily. ADRB2 sub-subfamily.
modificationsPalmitoylated; may reduce accessibility of Ser-345 and Ser-346 by anchoring Cys-341 to the plasma membrane. Agonist stimulation promotes depalmitoylation and further allows Ser-345 and Ser-346 phosphorylation.
Phosphorylated by PKA and BARK upon agonist stimulation, which mediates homologous desensitization of the receptor. PKA-mediated phosphorylation seems to facilitate phosphorylation by BARK. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Phosphorylation of Tyr-141 is induced by insulin and leads to supersensitization of the receptor.
Ubiquitinated. Agonist-induced ubiquitination leads to sort internalized receptors to the lysosomes for degradation. Deubiquitination by USP20 and USP33, leads to ADRB2 recycling and resensitization after prolonged agonist stimulation. USP20 and USP33 are constitutively associated and are dissociated immediately after agonist stimulation.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ADRB2 antibody
- ADRB2_HUMAN antibody
- ADRB2R antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody (ab61778)
Lane 1 : NIH-3T3 cell lysate.
Lane 2 : NIH-3T3 cell lysate with blocking peptide.
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Observed band size: 48 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab61778, at 1/50 - 1/100 dilution, staining beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor in paraffin-embedded human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry, in the absence (left panel) or presence (right panel) of the immunising peptide.
ab61778, at 1/500 - 1/1000 dilution, staining beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor in HeLa cells by immunofluorescence, in the absence (left panel) or presence (right panel) of the immunising peptide.
ab61778 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Zhi X et al. Adrenergic modulation of AMPK-dependent autophagy by chronic stress enhances cell proliferation and survival in gastric cancer. Int J Oncol 54:1625-1638 (2019). PubMed: 30896863
- Xie WY et al. ß-blockers inhibit the viability of breast cancer cells by regulating the ERK/COX-2 signaling pathway and the drug response is affected by ADRB2 single-nucleotide polymorphisms. Oncol Rep 41:341-350 (2019). PubMed: 30542705
- Gupte TM et al. Minute-scale persistence of a GPCR conformation state triggered by non-cognate G protein interactions primes signaling. Nat Commun 10:4836 (2019). PubMed: 31645561
- Ouyang X et al. Epinephrine increases malignancy of breast cancer through p38 MAPK signaling pathway in depressive disorders. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 12:1932-1946 (2019). PubMed: 31934016
- Ágg B et al. MicroRNA interactome analysis predicts post-transcriptional regulation of ADRB2 and PPP3R1 in the hypercholesterolemic myocardium. Sci Rep 8:10134 (2018). PubMed: 29973623
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Flow cytometry analysis of adrenoceptors expression in human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells. Sci Data 5:180196 (2018). PubMed: 30277480
- Lo CY et al. Reduced suppressive effect of ß2-adrenoceptor agonist on fibrocyte function in severe asthma. Respir Res 18:194 (2017). PubMed: 29162108
- Winder M et al. Autonomic Receptor-mediated Regulation of Production and Release of Nitric Oxide in Normal and Malignant Human Urothelial Cells. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 121:257-265 (2017). PubMed: 28437032
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Activation of ß-adrenergic receptors is required for elevated a1A-adrenoreceptors expression and signaling in mesenchymal stromal cells. Sci Rep 6:32835 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 27596381
- Sloniecka M et al. Expression Profiles of Neuropeptides, Neurotransmitters, and Their Receptors in Human Keratocytes In Vitro and In Situ. PLoS One 10:e0134157 (2015). IHC-Fr, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 26214847