Product nameAnti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody - C-terminal
See all beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor (C terminal). Carrier-protein conjugated synthetic peptide encompassing a sequence within aa 340-413. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P07550
- WB: A431, HepG2, PC-12 whole cell extracts. IHC-P: Human colon carcinoma. HeLa xenograft tissue. ICC/IF: This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: PC3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137494 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionBeta-adrenergic receptors mediate the catecholamine-induced activation of adenylate cyclase through the action of G proteins. The beta-2-adrenergic receptor binds epinephrine with an approximately 30-fold greater affinity than it does norepinephrine.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Adrenergic receptor subfamily. ADRB2 sub-subfamily.
modificationsPalmitoylated; may reduce accessibility of Ser-345 and Ser-346 by anchoring Cys-341 to the plasma membrane. Agonist stimulation promotes depalmitoylation and further allows Ser-345 and Ser-346 phosphorylation.
Phosphorylated by PKA and BARK upon agonist stimulation, which mediates homologous desensitization of the receptor. PKA-mediated phosphorylation seems to facilitate phosphorylation by BARK. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Phosphorylation of Tyr-141 is induced by insulin and leads to supersensitization of the receptor.
Ubiquitinated. Agonist-induced ubiquitination leads to sort internalized receptors to the lysosomes for degradation. Deubiquitination by USP20 and USP33, leads to ADRB2 recycling and resensitization after prolonged agonist stimulation. USP20 and USP33 are constitutively associated and are dissociated immediately after agonist stimulation.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ADRB2 antibody
- ADRB2_HUMAN antibody
- ADRB2R antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody - C-terminal (ab137494) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 whole cell extracts
Lane 2 : HepG2 whole cell extracts
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
10% gel. Running: 80V, 15min; 140V, 40 min. Transfer: Semi-dry, 18 V, 60 min (Nitrocellulose membrane). Blocking: 5% non-fat milk in TBST, RT, 60 min. Primary antibody incubation: 4°C overnight. Washing: 5 ml TBST, 4 x 5 min. Exposure using Western blot HRP substrate.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma labeling beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor with ab137494 at 1/250 dilution. Cytosol staining is observed. Antigen Retrieval: EDTA based buffer, pH 8.0, 15 min.
Anti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody - C-terminal (ab137494) at 1/500 dilution + PC12 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
ab137494 stained PC3 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab137494 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Hela xenograft, labelling beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor with ab137494 at 1/500 dilution.
ab137494 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Sun F et al. PKA/ß2-AR-Gs/Gi signaling pathway is associated with anti-inflammatory and pro-apoptotic effects of Fuzi and Banxia combination on rats subjected to pressure overload. J Ethnopharmacol 235:375-384 (2019). PubMed: 30738114
- Lawless M et al. Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibition improves contractile function and restores transverse tubule loss and catecholamine responsiveness in heart failure. Sci Rep 9:6801 (2019). PubMed: 31043634
- Sun F et al. Stage-dependent changes of ß2-adrenergic receptor signaling in right ventricular remodeling in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension. Int J Mol Med 41:2493-2504 (2018). PubMed: 29393391
- Jiao K et al. Activation of a2A-adrenergic signal transduction in chondrocytes promotes degenerative remodelling of temporomandibular joint. Sci Rep 6:30085 (2016). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 27452863
- Jiao K et al. ß2-Adrenergic signal transduction plays a detrimental role in subchondral bone loss of temporomandibular joint in osteoarthritis. Sci Rep 5:12593 (2015). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 26219508