Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to beta 2 Defensin/BD-2
- Suitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA, Neutralising
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-beta 2 Defensin/BD-2 antibody
See all beta 2 Defensin/BD-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to beta 2 Defensin/BD-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human beta 2 Defensin/BD-2 aa 24-64. Highly pure (>98%) recombinant Human beta 2 Defensin/hBD-2. Full length mature beta 2 Defensin hBD-2 used as immunogen.
GIGDPVTCLK SGAICHPVFC PRRYKQIGTC GLPGTKCCKK P
Database link: O15263
- recombinant beta 2 Defensin/BD-2 ab9872
hBD-2 is a antimicrobial peptide, which belongs to the distinct family of beta-defensins.
Previously labelled as beta 2 Defensin.
FormLyophilized:Centrifuge vial prior to opening. Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described, then no further reconstitution is necessary. The lyophilized antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody noteshBD-2 is a antimicrobial peptide, which belongs to the distinct family of beta-defensins.
ELISA pair antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9871 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml.
To detect beta 2 Defensin/hBD-2 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 ug/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant beta 2 Defensin/hBD-2 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.
To detect beta 2 Defensin/hBD-2 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with ab83509 as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant beta 2 Defensin/hBD-2.
|Neutralising||Use a concentration of 5 - 8 µg/ml.
To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of Human beta 2 Defensin/hBD-2 (1.0 μg/ml), a concentration of 5.0 - 8.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required.
FunctionHas antibacterial activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the skin and respiratory tract.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-defensin family. LAP/TAP subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- BD 2 antibody
- BD-2 antibody
- BD2 antibody
ab9871 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Landman S et al. Intradermal injection of low dose human regulatory T cells inhibits skin inflammation in a humanized mouse model. Sci Rep 8:10044 (2018). PubMed: 29968819
- de Koning HD et al. A comprehensive analysis of pattern recognition receptors in normal and inflamed human epidermis: upregulation of dectin-1 in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol 130:2611-20 (2010). PubMed: 20631729
- Pignatti P et al. Tracheostomy and related host-pathogen interaction are associated with airway inflammation as characterized by tracheal aspirate analysis. Respir Med 103:201-8 (2009). PubMed: 18980836
- Herr C et al. Suppression of pulmonary innate host defence in smokers. Thorax 64:144-9 (2009). PubMed: 18852155
- Fahlgren A et al. Increased expression of antimicrobial peptides and lysozyme in colonic epithelial cells of patients with ulcerative colitis. Clin Exp Immunol 131:90-101 (2003). PubMed: 12519391