Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Microglobulin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody
See all beta 2 Microglobulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Microglobulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human beta 2 Microglobulin.
Database link: P61769
- Jurkat, COS-7, HeLa and K562 cell extracts. Mouse lung, liver and spleen extracts.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29293)
- Mouse lung normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29297)
- Mouse liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29301)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab30128)
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
- K562 whole cell lysate (ab7911)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab7937)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab175031 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa.|
FunctionComponent of the class I major histocompatibility complex (MHC). Involved in the presentation of peptide antigens to the immune system.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in B2M are the cause of hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia (HYCATHYP) [MIM:241600]. Affected individuals show marked reduction in serum concentrations of immunoglobulin and albumin, probably due to rapid degradation.
Note=Beta-2-microglobulin may adopt the fibrillar configuration of amyloid in certain pathologic states. The capacity to assemble into amyloid fibrils is concentration dependent. Persistently high beta(2)-microglobulin serum levels lead to amyloidosis in patients on long-term hemodialysis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-2-microglobulin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsGlycation of Ile-21 is observed in long-term hemodialysis patients.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Detected in serum and urine.
- Information by UniProt
- B2M antibody
- B2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Beta 2 microglobin antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody (ab175031) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell extract
Lane 2 : COS-7 cell extract
Lane 3 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 4 : K562 cell extract
Lane 5 : Mouse lung extract
Lane 6 : Mouse liver extract
Lane 7 : Mouse spleen extract
Predicted band size: 14 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of MCF7 cells using ab175031. Blue DAPI for nuclear staining.
ab175031 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Fels J et al. Cadmium Complexed with ß2-Microglubulin, Albumin and Lipocalin-2 rather than Metallothionein Cause Megalin:Cubilin Dependent Toxicity of the Renal Proximal Tubule. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31091675
- Basu A et al. A Novel S100A8/A9 Induced Fingerprint of Mesenchymal Stem Cells associated with Enhanced Wound Healing. Sci Rep 8:6205 (2018). PubMed: 29670130
- Wang H et al. HGF Gene Modification in Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reduces Radiation-Induced Intestinal Injury by Modulating Immunity. PLoS One 10:e0124420 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 25933295