Product nameAnti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody
See all beta 2 Microglobulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Microglobulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human beta 2 Microglobulin.
Database link: P61769
- Jurkat, COS-7, HeLa and K562 cell extracts. Mouse lung, liver and spleen extracts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29293)
- Mouse lung normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29297)
- Mouse liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29301)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab30128)
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
- K562 whole cell lysate (ab7911)
- Mouse spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab7937)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab175031 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa.|
FunctionComponent of the class I major histocompatibility complex (MHC). Involved in the presentation of peptide antigens to the immune system.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in B2M are the cause of hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia (HYCATHYP) [MIM:241600]. Affected individuals show marked reduction in serum concentrations of immunoglobulin and albumin, probably due to rapid degradation.
Note=Beta-2-microglobulin may adopt the fibrillar configuration of amyloid in certain pathologic states. The capacity to assemble into amyloid fibrils is concentration dependent. Persistently high beta(2)-microglobulin serum levels lead to amyloidosis in patients on long-term hemodialysis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-2-microglobulin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsGlycation of Ile-21 is observed in long-term hemodialysis patients.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Detected in serum and urine.
- Information by UniProt
- B2M antibody
- B2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Beta 2 microglobin antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody (ab175031) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell extract
Lane 2 : COS-7 cell extract
Lane 3 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 4 : K562 cell extract
Lane 5 : Mouse lung extract
Lane 6 : Mouse liver extract
Lane 7 : Mouse spleen extract
Predicted band size: 14 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of mouse heart tissue labelling beta 2 Microglobulin with ab175031 at 1/200. Magnification: 200x.
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of MCF7 cells using ab175031. Blue DAPI for nuclear staining.
This product has been referenced in:
- Basu A et al. A Novel S100A8/A9 Induced Fingerprint of Mesenchymal Stem Cells associated with Enhanced Wound Healing. Sci Rep 8:6205 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29670130) »
- Wang H et al. HGF Gene Modification in Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reduces Radiation-Induced Intestinal Injury by Modulating Immunity. PLoS One 10:e0124420 (2015). IHC . Read more (PubMed: 25933295) »