Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Microglobulin
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ELISA, Dot blot
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody
See all beta 2 Microglobulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta 2 Microglobulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ELISA, Dot blotmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
b 2-Microglobulin [Human Urine]
General notesThe antibody reacts with b2-microglobulin isolated from human urine showing a 12.8 kDa band under non-reducing condition of SDS-PAGE.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.878% Sodium chloride, 0.424% Potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis product is an IgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis against the buffer stated above. Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-Rabbit Serum as well as purified and partially purified b 2-Microglobulin [Human Urine].
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6608 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionComponent of the class I major histocompatibility complex (MHC). Involved in the presentation of peptide antigens to the immune system.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in B2M are the cause of hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia (HYCATHYP) [MIM:241600]. Affected individuals show marked reduction in serum concentrations of immunoglobulin and albumin, probably due to rapid degradation.
Note=Beta-2-microglobulin may adopt the fibrillar configuration of amyloid in certain pathologic states. The capacity to assemble into amyloid fibrils is concentration dependent. Persistently high beta(2)-microglobulin serum levels lead to amyloidosis in patients on long-term hemodialysis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-2-microglobulin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsGlycation of Ile-21 is observed in long-term hemodialysis patients.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Detected in serum and urine.
- Information by UniProt
- B2M antibody
- B2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Beta 2 microglobin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab6608 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kotsiou E et al. Dimerization of soluble disulfide trap single-chain major histocompatibility complex class I molecules dependent on Peptide binding affinity. Antioxid Redox Signal 15:635-44 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21050141
- Vecchi C et al. Huh-7: a human "hemochromatotic" cell line. Hepatology 51:654-9 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20017200
- Pi M et al. GPRC6A null mice exhibit osteopenia, feminization and metabolic syndrome. PLoS ONE 3:e3858 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19050760
- Yalcin, A and Cetin, M Electrophoretic Separation of Urine Proteins of Healthy Dogs and Dogs with Nephropathy and Detection of Some Urine Proteins of Dogs Using Immunoblotting. Revue Med. Vet. 155:104-112 (2004). PubMed: