Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [B2M-01] to beta 2 Microglobulin
- Suitable for: ELISA, Flow Cyt, IP, RIA, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody [B2M-01]
See all beta 2 Microglobulin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B2M-01] to beta 2 Microglobulin
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with beta-2-microglobulin, associated with cell-surface MHC Class I molecules and other membrane antigens as well as with soluble forms of beta-2-microglobulin. The antibody detected beta-2-microglobulin in U-937 and RAJI cell lines in WB in non reducing conditions however failed to detect a band in JEG-3 and A431 cell lysates. All lysates gave a signal in direct ELISA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, Flow Cyt, IP, RIA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig
Full length native protein (purified) (Human).
- U-937 and RAJI cell lysates
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified by precipitation methods. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab759 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|RIA||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Dissociation constant of the antibody-soluble b2-microglobulin is 1.5 x 10-8 mol/l as determined by competitive RIA.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Use under non reducing condition. Detects a band of approximately 13 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa). Use under non reducing conditions. Incubate overnight. Block with 5%milk for 2hrs.|
FunctionComponent of the class I major histocompatibility complex (MHC). Involved in the presentation of peptide antigens to the immune system.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in B2M are the cause of hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia (HYCATHYP) [MIM:241600]. Affected individuals show marked reduction in serum concentrations of immunoglobulin and albumin, probably due to rapid degradation.
Note=Beta-2-microglobulin may adopt the fibrillar configuration of amyloid in certain pathologic states. The capacity to assemble into amyloid fibrils is concentration dependent. Persistently high beta(2)-microglobulin serum levels lead to amyloidosis in patients on long-term hemodialysis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-2-microglobulin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsGlycation of Ile-21 is observed in long-term hemodialysis patients.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Detected in serum and urine.
- Information by UniProt
- B2M antibody
- B2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Beta 2 microglobin antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody [B2M-01] (ab759) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : JEG-3 cell lysate
Lane 2 : A-431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : U-937 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Raji cell lysate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 13 kDa
Lysates were separated on 15% SDS–PAGE gel and electrotransferred to a PVDF membrane. The membrane was blocked in PBS/Tween buffer containing 5% non fat dry milk for 2 hours and probed with ab759 at 4°C overnight.
ab759 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Rodríguez-Rodríguez M et al. Activation of Peptidylarginine Deiminase in the Salivary Glands ofBalb/cMice Drives the Citrullination of Ro and La Ribonucleoproteins. J Immunol Res 2017:8959687 (2017). PubMed: 29318161
- Raha-Chowdhury R et al. Expression and cellular localization of hepcidin mRNA and protein in normal rat brain. BMC Neurosci 16:24 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25896789
- Herrera-Esparza R et al. Posttranslational Protein Modification in the Salivary Glands of Sjögren's Syndrome Patients. Autoimmune Dis 2013:548064 (2013). IHC . PubMed: 23533719
- Mattheij NJ et al. Dual mechanism of integrin aIIbß3 closure in procoagulant platelets. J Biol Chem 288:13325-36 (2013). PubMed: 23519467
- Tiwari S et al. Divalent cations regulate the folding and activation status of integrins during their intracellular trafficking. J Cell Sci 124:1672-80 (2011). PubMed: 21511727