Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [BBM.1] to beta 2 Microglobulin
- Suitable for: IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody [BBM.1]
See all beta 2 Microglobulin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BBM.1] to beta 2 Microglobulin
Specificityab18605 binds significantly to fibroblasts and lymphocytes from humans and primates and can be used for the detection of beta 2 microglobulin in myeloma and other conditions. ab18605 binds equivalently to free and HLA-associated beta 2 microglobulin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Molt 4, a human T cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18605 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionComponent of the class I major histocompatibility complex (MHC). Involved in the presentation of peptide antigens to the immune system.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in B2M are the cause of hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia (HYCATHYP) [MIM:241600]. Affected individuals show marked reduction in serum concentrations of immunoglobulin and albumin, probably due to rapid degradation.
Note=Beta-2-microglobulin may adopt the fibrillar configuration of amyloid in certain pathologic states. The capacity to assemble into amyloid fibrils is concentration dependent. Persistently high beta(2)-microglobulin serum levels lead to amyloidosis in patients on long-term hemodialysis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-2-microglobulin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsGlycation of Ile-21 is observed in long-term hemodialysis patients.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Detected in serum and urine.
- Information by UniProt
- B2M antibody
- B2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Beta 2 microglobin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab18605 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Drukker M et al. Isolation of primitive endoderm, mesoderm, vascular endothelial and trophoblast progenitors from human pluripotent stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 30:531-42 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22634564
- Novoselov AV et al. A single amino acid substitution controls DAF-dependent phenotype of echovirus 11 in rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Virus Res 166:87-96 (2012). PubMed: 22445689
- Du J et al. Structural modeling and biochemical studies reveal insights into the molecular basis of the recognition of beta-2-microglobulin by antibody BBM.1. J Mol Recognit 22:465-73 (2009). PubMed: 19582797
- Parham P et al. Arginine 45 is a major part of the antigenic determinant of human beta 2-microglobulin recognized by mouse monoclonal antibody BBM.1. J Biol Chem 258:6179-86 (1983). PubMed: 6189821
- Brodsky FM et al. Monoclonal antibodies for analysis of the HLA system. Immunol Rev 47:3-61 (1979). PubMed: 95015