Product namebeta 2 Microglobulin peptide
See all beta 2 Microglobulin proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab189068 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-beta 2 Microglobulin antibody [EP2978Y] (ab75853)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- Beta 2 microglobin
FunctionComponent of the class I major histocompatibility complex (MHC). Involved in the presentation of peptide antigens to the immune system.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in B2M are the cause of hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia (HYCATHYP) [MIM:241600]. Affected individuals show marked reduction in serum concentrations of immunoglobulin and albumin, probably due to rapid degradation.
Note=Beta-2-microglobulin may adopt the fibrillar configuration of amyloid in certain pathologic states. The capacity to assemble into amyloid fibrils is concentration dependent. Persistently high beta(2)-microglobulin serum levels lead to amyloidosis in patients on long-term hemodialysis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-2-microglobulin family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsGlycation of Ile-21 is observed in long-term hemodialysis patients.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Detected in serum and urine.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab189068 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.