Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody [BA3R] (HRP)
See all beta Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BA3R] to beta Actin (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human beta Actin (N terminal).
Database link: P60709
- HeLa, 293T, U2OS, COS7, NIH 3T3 and NRK cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Concentration information loading...
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (ab7179)
- 293T whole cell lysate (ab95494)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab173838 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.Can be blocked with Recombinant Human beta Actin protein (His tag) (ab240844).|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Information by UniProt
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody [BA3R] (HRP) (ab173838) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : U2OS cell lysate
Lane 4 : COS7 cell lysate
Lane 5 : NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Lane 6 : NRK cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
4-20% Tris-HCl polyacrylamide gel.
This product has been referenced in:
- Pan Y et al. Bromodomain PHD-finger transcription factor promotes glioma progression and indicates poor prognosis. Oncol Rep 41:246-256 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30542695) »
- Wang T et al. Effects of leukemia inhibitory factor receptor on the adipogenic differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Mol Med Rep 19:4719-4726 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31059010) »