Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to beta Actin - Cytoskeleton Marker
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody - Cytoskeleton Marker
See all beta Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta Actin - Cytoskeleton Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Drosophila melanogaster, Zebrafish, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide within Human beta Actin aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P60709
- WB: Recombinant Human alpha smooth muscle Actin protein (ab114148), U-2 OS and SK-N-SH cell lysate. IHC-P: Human leiomyoma tissue.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16039 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Information by UniProt
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody - Cytoskeleton Marker (ab16039) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : SK-N-SH (human neuroblastoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Human spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29699)
Lane 3 : U-2 OS (human osteosarcoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human leiomyoma tissue stained for beta Actin with ab16039 (1/100 dilution) in immunohistochemical analysis.
beta Actin was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg SK-N-SH (human neuroblastoma cell line) whole cell extract, 5 µg of Rabbit polyclonal to beta Actin and 50 µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10 minutes, SK-N-SH whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10 minutes under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40 µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10 minutes at 70°C; 10 µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab16039.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 42kDa; beta Actin
ab16039 has been referenced in 59 publications.
- Shi CX et al. Sevoflurane attenuates brain damage through inhibiting autophagy and apoptosis in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion rats. Mol Med Rep 21:123-130 (2020). PubMed: 31746402
- Yuan J et al. miR-200b regulates breast cancer cell proliferation and invasion by targeting radixin. Exp Ther Med 19:2741-2750 (2020). PubMed: 32256756
- Peng M et al. Upregulation of GLT-1 via PI3K/Akt Pathway Contributes to Neuroprotection Induced by Dexmedetomidine. Front Neurol 10:1041 (2019). PubMed: 31611842
- Cheng Z et al. K-Ras-ERK1/2 accelerates lung cancer cell development via mediating H3K18ac through the MDM2-GCN5-SIRT7 axis. Pharm Biol 57:701-709 (2019). PubMed: 31613681
- Zheng XM et al. MicroRNA-30e inhibits adhesion, migration, invasion and cell cycle progression of prostate cancer cells via inhibition of the activation of the MAPK signaling pathway by downregulating CHRM3. Int J Oncol 54:443-454 (2019). PubMed: 30483762