Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [mAbcam 8224] to beta Actin - Loading Control (HRP)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG3
Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody [mAbcam 8224] - Loading Control (HRP)
See all beta Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 8224] to beta Actin - Loading Control (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Drosophila melanogaster, Schizosaccharomyces pombe, Chinese hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human beta Actin aa 1-100 (N terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin (Sulfosuccinimidyl 4-N-maleimidomethyl-cyclohexane-1-carboxylate (Sulfo-SMCC)).
(Peptide available as
- WB: HEK293, NIH3T3 and PC12 whole cell lysates. Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
Clone numbermAbcam 8224
Light chain typekappa
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197277 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).Can be blocked with Human beta Actin peptide (ab13772).
This antibody has been designed for use as a loading control and is ideal for this purpose. Block membrane for 1 hr in 5% BSA. Incubate antibody in TBST for one hour or more.
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Information by UniProt
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody [mAbcam 8224] - Loading Control (HRP) (ab197277) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Skeletal Muscle (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa
Exposure time: 10 seconds
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab197277 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab197277 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Colombo M et al. Multiple myeloma exploits Jagged1 and Jagged2 to promote intrinsic and bone marrow-dependent drug resistance. Haematologica N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31582544
- Zgheib R et al. Folate can promote the methionine-dependent reprogramming of glioblastoma cells towards pluripotency. Cell Death Dis 10:596 (2019). PubMed: 31395852
- Karbyshev MS et al. Development of Novel Monoclonal Antibodies for Evaluation of Transmembrane Prostate Androgen-Induced Protein 1 (TMEPAI) Expression Patterns in Gastric Cancer. Pathol Oncol Res 24:427-438 (2018). PubMed: 28584893
- Wang J & Sun G FOXO1-MALAT1-miR-26a-5p Feedback Loop Mediates Proliferation and Migration in Osteosarcoma Cells. Oncol Res 25:1517-1527 (2017). PubMed: 28160461