Key features and details
- Rat form of the beta-Amyloid (1-42) peptide
- CAS Number: 166090-74-0
- Soluble in 1%NH4OH/Water to 1mg/ml
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namebeta-Amyloid Peptide (1-42) (rat/mouse)
DescriptionRat form of the beta-Amyloid (1-42) peptide
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1%NH4OH/Water to 1mg/ml
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120959 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Mokarizadeh N et al. ß-Lapachone attenuates cognitive impairment and neuroinflammation in beta-amyloid induced mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Int Immunopharmacol 81:106300 (2020). PubMed: 32070922
- Illouz T et al. Restoring microglial and astroglial homeostasis using DNA immunization in a Down Syndrome mouse model. Brain Behav Immun 75:163-180 (2019). PubMed: 30389461
- Rahman MA et al. Brain proteomics links oxidative stress with metabolic and cellular stress response proteins in behavioural alteration of Alzheimer's disease model rats. AIMS Neurosci 6:299-315 (2019). PubMed: 32341985
- Nguyen TV et al. Alzheimer's associated amyloid and tau deposition co-localizes with a homeostatic myelin repair pathway in two mouse models of post-stroke mixed dementia. Acta Neuropathol Commun 6:100 (2018). PubMed: 30249297