Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [M11-14b-D10] to beta Defensin 1
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-beta Defensin 1 antibody [M11-14b-D10]
See all beta Defensin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [M11-14b-D10] to beta Defensin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Macaque monkey
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Constituent: 0.79% Tris HCl
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein L purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14425 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 8 kDa.Can be blocked with Recombinant human beta Defensin 1 protein (ab50048).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionHas bactericidal activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beta-defensin family.
- Information by UniProt
- BD 1 antibody
- BD-1 antibody
- BD1 antibody
ab14425 (2µg/ml) staining beta defensin in human kidney, using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining in the epithelial layers of the loops of Henle, distal tubules and collecting ducts.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab14425 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Peled A et al. Loss-of-function mutations in caspase recruitment domain-containing protein 14 (CARD14) are associated with a severe variant of atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 143:173-181.e10 (2019). PubMed: 30248356
- Roth M et al. Pelargonium sidoides radix extract EPs 7630 reduces rhinovirus infection through modulation of viral binding proteins on human bronchial epithelial cells. PLoS One 14:e0210702 (2019). PubMed: 30707726
- Gazi U et al. Tonsillar antimicrobial peptide (AMP) expression profiles of periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, cervical adenitis (PFAPA) patients. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 110:100-104 (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29859567
- Bonamy C et al. Expression of the human antimicrobial peptide ß-defensin-1 is repressed by the EGFR-ERK-MYC axis in colonic epithelial cells. Sci Rep 8:18043 (2018). PubMed: 30575780
- Roth M et al. Broncho Vaxom (OM-85) modulates rhinovirus docking proteins on human airway epithelial cells via Erk1/2 mitogen activated protein kinase and cAMP. PLoS One 12:e0188010 (2017). PubMed: 29182620
- Qian YJ et al. Cigarette Smoke Modulates NOD1 Signal Pathway and Human ß Defensins Expression in Human Oral Mucosa. Cell Physiol Biochem 36:457-73 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25968832
- Trend S et al. Antimicrobial protein and Peptide concentrations and activity in human breast milk consumed by preterm infants at risk of late-onset neonatal sepsis. PLoS One 10:e0117038 (2015). ELISA . PubMed: 25643281
- Han Q et al. Human beta-defensin-1 suppresses tumor migration and invasion and is an independent predictor for survival of oral squamous cell carcinoma patients. PLoS One 9:e91867 (2014). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 24658581
- Zoega M et al. Proteinase 3 carries small unusual carbohydrates and associates with alpha-defensins. J Proteomics : (2011). PubMed: 22138257