Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [B 31.15] to beta Endorphin
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human, Macaque monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-beta Endorphin antibody [B 31.15]
See all beta Endorphin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B 31.15] to beta Endorphin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Macaque monkey
Full length native human beta Endorphin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Clone numberB 31.15
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54205 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceBeta-endorphin is an endogenous opioid peptide neurotransmitter found in the neurons of both the central and peripheral nervous system. ß-endorphin is a peptide, 31 amino acids long, resulting from processing of the precursor pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC). ß-endorphin is found in neurons of the hypothalamus as well as the pituitary gland. It is an agonist of the opioid receptors, with evidence suggesting that it serves as the endogenous ligand of the µ-opioid receptor, the same receptor to which the chemicals extracted from opium, such as morphine and codeine, have their analgesic and addictive effects
- Beta endorphin antibody
- Corticotropin lipotropin antibody
- POMC antibody
- Proopiomelanocortin antibody
ab54205, staining beta Endorphin in anterior (upper) and intermediate (lower) lobes of Wistar rat pituitary gland tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).
Tissue was fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100 in PBS and blocked with 5% normal horse serum in PBS for 30 minutes. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/2000 in diluent) overnight at 4°C.
ab54205 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Ranganathan S et al. Molecular interpretation of ACTH-ß-endorphin coaggregation: relevance to secretory granule biogenesis. PLoS One 7:e31924 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 22403619
- Ubuka T et al. Gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone identification, cDNA cloning, and distribution in rhesus macaque brain. J Comp Neurol 517:841-55 (2009). ICC/IF ; Macaque monkey . PubMed: 19844991