Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to beta Galactosidase
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-beta Galactosidase antibody
See all beta Galactosidase primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to beta Galactosidase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, ICC/IFmore details
Purified beta Galactosidase (lacZ) protein emulsified in Freund's adjuvants.
- Tissues infected with a virus bearing the LacZ gene
General notesDo not freeze these antibodies at –80°C unless you want to store them for longer periods of time. Note, however, that each time an antibody preparation is frozen, about half its binding activity is lost.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesIgY fractions were prepared from eggs yolks, and then affinity-purified antibodies were prepared using beta Galactosidase conjugated to an agarose matrix. The final product is a mixture of both affinity-purified antibodies (25 µg/ml) and purified IgY (10 mg/ml), and is filter-sterilized.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134435 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||1/2500 - 1/5000. Use 2% paraformaldehyde-fixed tissues infected with a virus bearing the LacZ gene.|
|ICC/IF||1/2500 - 1/5000. Use 2% paraformaldehyde-fixed cells.|
RelevanceBeta galactosidase is coded by a gene (lac z) in the lac operon of Escherichia coli. It is a metalloenzyme that splits lactose into glucose and galactose. It hydrolyzes terminal, non-reducing beta-D-galactose residues in beta-D-galactosides. Activation by cations seems to be substrate dependent. K+, Na+, NH4+, Rb+, Cs+ and Mn++ all activate enzyme activity based upon the substrate used.
- Beta D galactosidase antibody
- Beta gal antibody
- Beta galactosidase antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of tissue infected with a virus bearing the LacZ gene labelling beta Galactosidase with ab134435 at 1/5000 dilution with e18 mouse otic vesicle. The green stain is beta-galactosidase (ab134435); the red stain is Texas-red-phalloidin, staining filamentous actin; the blue staining is DAPI (4',6-diamidino-2-phenylindole), a DNA-binding dye.Secondary antibodies were fluorescein-labeled affinity-purified goat anti-chicken IgY (1/2000 dilution).
ab134435 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Kim Y & Cho KO POU domain motif3 (Pdm3) induces wingless (wg) transcription and is essential for development of larval neuromuscular junctions in Drosophila. Sci Rep 10:517 (2020). PubMed: 31949274
- Lee J et al. Vaccinia-related kinase 2 plays a critical role in microglia-mediated synapse elimination during neurodevelopment. Glia N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31050055
- Baker LR et al. Eyeless/Pax6 initiates eye formation non-autonomously from the peripodial epithelium. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29980566
- Rueda N et al. Anti-IL17 treatment ameliorates Down syndrome phenotypes in mice. Brain Behav Immun N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29758264
- Jurado-Arjona J et al. GSK3ß Overexpression in Dentate Gyrus Neural Precursor Cells Expands the Progenitor Pool and Enhances Memory Skills. J Biol Chem 291:8199-213 (2016). PubMed: 26887949