Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [DC1 4C7] to beta Galactosidase
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Escherichia coli
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-beta Galactosidase antibody [DC1 4C7]
See all beta Galactosidase primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DC1 4C7] to beta Galactosidase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
corresponding to beta Galactosidase.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Clone numberDC1 4C7
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceBeta galactosidase is coded by a gene (lac z) in the lac operon of Escherichia coli. It is a metalloenzyme that splits lactose into glucose and galactose. It hydrolyzes terminal, non-reducing beta-D-galactose residues in beta-D-galactosides. Activation by cations seems to be substrate dependent. K+, Na+, NH4+, Rb+, Cs+ and Mn++ all activate enzyme activity based upon the substrate used.
- Beta D galactosidase antibody
- Beta gal antibody
- Beta galactosidase antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody [DC1 4C7] (ab116) at 1 µg
Lane 1 :
Recombinant Human GLB1/Beta-galactosidase protein (ab151890)
Lane 2 :
beta Galactosidase protein (ab79449)
Lysates/proteins at 0.1 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) (ab65485) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab116 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Inaba M et al. Nanotubes mediate niche-stem-cell signalling in the Drosophila testis. Nature 523:329-32 (2015). PubMed: 26131929
- Smith SJ et al. Recapitulation of tumor heterogeneity and molecular signatures in a 3D brain cancer model with decreased sensitivity to histone deacetylase inhibition. PLoS One 7:e52335 (2012). IHC-P . PubMed: 23272238
- Nassiri M et al. Repressors NFI and NFY participate in organ-specific regulation of von Willebrand factor promoter activity in transgenic mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1423-9 (2010). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 20431063
- Büchmann-Møller S et al. Multiple lineage-specific roles of Smad4 during neural crest development. Dev Biol 330:329-38 (2009). PubMed: 19361496
- Kleinschmidt AM et al. Sequences in intron 51 of the von Willebrand factor gene target promoter activation to a subset of lung endothelial cells in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem 283:2741-50 (2008). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 18048367
- Li S et al. Rhodopsin-iCre transgenic mouse line for Cre-mediated rod-specific gene targeting. Genesis 41:73-80 (2005). IHC . PubMed: 15682388