Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to beta II Tubulin
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-beta II Tubulin antibody
See all beta II Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta II Tubulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Monkey, Zebrafish, Xenopus tropicalis
A recombinant protein fragment corresponding to a region within amino acids 243 and 445 of Human beta II Tubulin (UniProt ID: P68371).
- A431; NIH 3T3; Jurkat; 293T and Raji cell lysates; A431 cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab151318 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/20000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
DomainThe highly acidic C-terminal region may bind cations such as calcium.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- bA506K6.1 antibody
- beta 2 tubulin antibody
- Beta2 antibody
Anti-beta II Tubulin antibody (ab151318) at 1/10000 dilution + NIH/3T3 (mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) whole cell lysate at 30 µg
HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
Paraffin-embedded human breast cancer tissue stained beta II tubuin using ab151318 at 1/250 dilution.
Antigen Retrieval: EDTA based buffer, pH 8.0, 15min.
Immunofluorescence analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (at RT for 15 min) HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells labelling beta II tubulin at cytoskeleton (green) using ab151318 at 1/500 dilution. Blue: Fluoroshield with DAPI. Scale bar= 10 μm.
All lanes : Anti-beta II Tubulin antibody (ab151318) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK-293T (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 (human epidermoid carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 (human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
ab151318 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Yen JH et al. Activation of dynamin-related protein 1 - dependent mitochondria fragmentation and suppression of osteosarcoma by cryptotanshinone. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:42 (2019). PubMed: 30691497
- Xiao D et al. Licorisoflavan A Exerts Antidepressant-Like Effect in Mice: Involvement of BDNF-TrkB Pathway and AMPA Receptors. Neurochem Res 44:2044-2056 (2019). PubMed: 31278631
- Li EY et al. LncRNA MIAT overexpression reduced neuron apoptosis in a neonatal rat model of hypoxic-ischemic injury through miR-211/GDNF. Cell Cycle 18:156-166 (2019). PubMed: 30563429
- Wu B et al. High expression of RAD18 in glioma induces radiotherapy resistance via down-regulating P53 expression. Biomed Pharmacother 112:108555 (2019). PubMed: 30798132
- Liu B et al. MiR-361-5p inhibits cell proliferation and induces cell apoptosis in retinoblastoma by negatively regulating CLDN8. Childs Nerv Syst 35:1303-1311 (2019). PubMed: 31161266