Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Beta TRCP/HOS
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Beta TRCP/HOS antibody
See all Beta TRCP/HOS primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Beta TRCP/HOS
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Beta TRCP/HOS aa 550 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Caco2 whole cell lysate. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following cell types: T47D. It also gave a positive signal in FFPE human testis tissue sections.
This product was previously labelled as Beta TRCP
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E3 Enzymes
- SCF Complex E3 Ligase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71753 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionSubstrate recognition component of a SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. Recognizes and binds to phosphorylated target proteins. SCF(BTRC) mediates the ubiquitination of CTNNB1 and participates in Wnt signaling. SCF(BTRC) mediates the ubiquitination of NFKBIA, NFKBIB and NFKBIE; the degradation frees the associated NFKB1 to translocate into the nucleus and to activate transcription. Ubiquitination of NFKBIA occurs at 'Lys-21' and 'Lys-22'. SCF(BTRC) mediates the ubiquitination of phosphorylated NFKB1/nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p105 subunit, ATF4, SMAD3, SMAD4, CDC25A, DLG1, FBXO5 and probably NFKB2. SCF(BTRC) mediates the ubiquitination of phosphorylated SNAI1. May be involved in ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation through a DBB1-CUL4 E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase. Required for activation of NFKB-mediated transcription by IL1B, MAP3K14, MAP3K1, IKBKB and TNF. Required for proteolytic processing of GLI3.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 F-box domain.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
DomainThe N-terminal D domain mediates homodimerization.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta transducin repeat containing E3 ubiquitin protein ligase antibody
- beta TrCP1 antibody
- beta-transducin repeat containing antibody
Anti-Beta TRCP/HOS antibody (ab71753) at 1 µg/ml + Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Observed band size: 62 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 minutes
The 62 kDa band observed is comparable to the molecular weight seen with other commercially available antibodies to Human F-box/WD repeat-containing protein 1A (Beta TRCP/HOS)
ICC/IF image of ab71753 stained T47D cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab71753 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of Beta TRCP/HOS staining in human testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab71753, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab71753 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Xu X et al. Role of Hippo/YAP signaling in irradiation-induced glioma cell apoptosis. Cancer Manag Res 11:7577-7585 (2019). PubMed: 31496812
- Wang C et al. Blocking the Feedback Loop between Neuroendocrine Differentiation and Macrophages Improves the Therapeutic Effects of Enzalutamide (MDV3100) on Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 24:708-723 (2018). PubMed: 29191973
- Huang H et al. Reciprocal Network between Cancer Stem-Like Cells and Macrophages Facilitates the Progression and Androgen Deprivation Therapy Resistance of Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 24:4612-4626 (2018). PubMed: 29691294
- Liang J et al. ß-transducin repeat-containing E3 ubiquitin protein ligase inhibits migration, invasion and proliferation of glioma cells. Oncol Lett 14:3131-3135 (2017). PubMed: 28928851
- Liang J et al. Expression of ß-transducin repeat-containing E3 ubiquitin protein ligase in human glioma and its correlation with prognosis. Oncol Lett 9:2651-2656 (2015). PubMed: 26137122