Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to beta Tubulin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-beta Tubulin antibody
See all beta Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta Tubulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C terminus of Human beta Tubulin (UniProt P07437).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134185 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with highest levels in spleen, thymus and immature brain.
Involvement in diseaseCortical dysplasia, complex, with other brain malformations 6
Skin creases, congenital symmetric circumferential, 1
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
DomainThe highly acidic C-terminal region may bind cations such as calcium.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated, resulting in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group (PubMed:26875866). Polyglutamylation plays a key role in microtubule severing by spastin (SPAST). SPAST preferentially recognizes and acts on microtubules decorated with short polyglutamate tails: severing activity by SPAST increases as the number of glutamates per tubulin rises from one to eight, but decreases beyond this glutamylation threshold (PubMed:26875866).
Some glutamate residues at the C-terminus are monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella). Both polyglutamylation and monoglycylation can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of monoglycylation is still unclear.
Phosphorylated on Ser-172 by CDK1 during the cell cycle, from metaphase to telophase, but not in interphase. This phosphorylation inhibits tubulin incorporation into microtubules.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta 4 tubulin antibody
- Beta 5 tubulin antibody
- beta Ib tubulin antibody
Anti-beta Tubulin antibody (ab134185) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labelling beta Tubulin with ab134185 at 1/50 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human muscle tissue labelling beta Tubulin with ab134185 at 1/100 dilution.
ab134185 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wang J et al. HNF1B-mediated repression of SLUG is suppressed by EZH2 in aggressive prostate cancer. Oncogene 39:1335-1346 (2020). PubMed: 31636385
- Gao H et al. LncRNA ZEB2-AS1 promotes pancreatic cancer cell growth and invasion through regulating the miR-204/HMGB1 axis. Int J Biol Macromol 116:545-551 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29753015
- Böhm BB et al. Cell adhesion-induced transient interaction of ADAM15 with poly(A) binding protein at the cell membrane colocalizes with mRNA translation. PLoS One 13:e0203847 (2018). PubMed: 30265671
- Balthazar J et al. Enriched Environment Significantly Reduced Senile Plaques in a Transgenic Mice Model of Alzheimer's Disease, Improving Memory. Front Aging Neurosci 10:288 (2018). PubMed: 30319394
- Song J et al. Endothelial Basement Membrane Laminin 511 Contributes to Endothelial Junctional Tightness and Thereby Inhibits Leukocyte Transmigration. Cell Rep 18:1256-1269 (2017). PubMed: 28147279
- Alves S et al. Lentiviral vector-mediated overexpression of mutant ataxin-7 recapitulates SCA7 pathology and promotes accumulation of the FUS/TLS and MBNL1 RNA-binding proteins. Mol Neurodegener 11:58 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27465358
- McGinnis LA et al. MAPK3/1 (ERK1/2) and Myosin Light Chain Kinase in Mammalian Eggs Affect Myosin-II Function and Regulate the Metaphase II State in a Calcium- and Zinc-Dependent Manner. Biol Reprod 92:146 (2015). PubMed: 25904014
- Nunes MA et al. Chronic Microdose Lithium Treatment Prevented Memory Loss and Neurohistopathological Changes in a Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease. PLoS One 10:e0142267 (2015). Mouse . PubMed: 26605788
- He B et al. Live-cell imaging in Caenorhabditis elegans reveals the distinct roles of dynamin self-assembly and guanosine triphosphate hydrolysis in the removal of apoptotic cells. Mol Biol Cell 21:610-29 (2010). PubMed: 20016007