Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1331Y] to beta Tubulin - Microtubule Marker
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-beta Tubulin antibody [EP1331Y] - Microtubule Marker
See all beta Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1331Y] to beta Tubulin - Microtubule Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide within Human beta Tubulin aa 400 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P07437
- WB: PC12 and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035) and mouse brain, rat brain, mouse spinal cord and rat spinal cord tissue lysates. IHC-P: Human gastric carcinoma. ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52901 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with highest levels in spleen, thymus and immature brain.
Involvement in diseaseCortical dysplasia, complex, with other brain malformations 6
Skin creases, congenital symmetric circumferential, 1
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
DomainThe highly acidic C-terminal region may bind cations such as calcium.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated, resulting in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group (PubMed:26875866). Polyglutamylation plays a key role in microtubule severing by spastin (SPAST). SPAST preferentially recognizes and acts on microtubules decorated with short polyglutamate tails: severing activity by SPAST increases as the number of glutamates per tubulin rises from one to eight, but decreases beyond this glutamylation threshold (PubMed:26875866).
Some glutamate residues at the C-terminus are monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella). Both polyglutamylation and monoglycylation can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of monoglycylation is still unclear.
Phosphorylated on Ser-172 by CDK1 during the cell cycle, from metaphase to telophase, but not in interphase. This phosphorylation inhibits tubulin incorporation into microtubules.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta 4 tubulin antibody
- Beta 5 tubulin antibody
- beta Ib tubulin antibody
All lanes : Anti-beta Tubulin antibody [EP1331Y] - Microtubule Marker (ab52901) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Spinal Cord (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Spinal Cord (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 790) (ab175781) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using Licor blocking buffer before being incubated with ab52901 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using ab175781 at a 1:10,000 dilution for 1hr at room temperature and then imaged using the Licor Odyssey CLx.
Anti-beta Tubulin antibody [EP1331Y] - Microtubule Marker (ab52901) at 1/20000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa
ab52901 at 1/250 dilution staining beta Tubulin in human gastric carcinoma by Immunohistochemsitry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Anti-beta Tubulin antibody [EP1331Y] - Microtubule Marker (ab52901) at 1/1000 dilution (in PBS +0.5% Tween20 for 2 hours at 23°C) + 293 human embryonic kidney whole cell lysate at 25 µg
An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 45 seconds
Blocking Step: 5% Milk for 1 hour at 23°C
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52901 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- Lighthouse JK et al. Exercise promotes a cardioprotective gene program in resident cardiac fibroblasts. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30626739
- Hong CS et al. Gal-3BP Negatively Regulates NF-?B Signaling by Inhibiting the Activation of TAK1. Front Immunol 10:1760 (2019). PubMed: 31402917
- Gordon WC et al. A Nonsteroidal Novel Formulation Targeting Inflammatory and Pruritus-Related Mediators Modulates Experimental Allergic Contact Dermatitis. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb) 8:111-126 (2018). PubMed: 29453524
- Nie SD et al. High glucose forces a positive feedback loop connecting ErbB4 expression and mTOR/S6K pathway to aggravate the formation of tau hyperphosphorylation in differentiated SH-SY5Y cells. Neurobiol Aging 67:171-180 (2018). PubMed: 29674181
- Whitfield DR et al. Associations between ZnT3, tau pathology, agitation, and delusions in dementia. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 33:1146-1152 (2018). PubMed: 29856089