Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bid - Carboxyterminal end
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bid antibody - Carboxyterminal end
See all Bid primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bid - Carboxyterminal end
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with Bid
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
A 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy-terminus of human Bid
- Mouse lung cell lysates and mouse lung tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62469 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionThe major proteolytic product p15 BID allows the release of cytochrome c (By similarity). Isoform 1, isoform 2 and isoform 4 induce ICE-like proteases and apoptosis. Isoform 3 does not induce apoptosis. Counters the protective effect of Bcl-2.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 and isoform 3 are expressed in spleen, bone marrow, cerebral and cerebellar cortex. Isoform 2 is expressed in spleen, pancreas and placenta (at protein level). Isoform 3 is expressed in lung, pancreas and spleen (at protein level). Isoform 4 is expressed in lung and pancreas (at protein level).
DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
modificationsTNF-alpha induces a caspase-mediated cleavage of p22 BID into a major p15 and minor p13 and p11 products.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
p15 BID is ubiquitinated by ITCH; ubiquitination results in proteasome-dependent degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; Cytoplasm. Mitochondrion membrane. When uncleaved, it is predominantly cytoplasmic; Mitochondrion membrane. A significant proportion of isoform 2 localizes to mitochondria, it may be cleaved constitutively; Mitochondrion membrane. Associated with the mitochondrial membrane and Mitochondrion membrane. Translocates to mitochondria as an integral membrane protein.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptic death agonist antibody
- Apoptotic death agonist BID antibody
- BH3 interacting domain death agonist antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Bid antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62469) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Bid antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62469) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-Bid antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62469) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Mouse lung cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Anti rabbit IgG secondary antibody
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical staining of mouse lung tissue using ab62469 antibody at 2 µg/ml.
Immunofluorescence of Bid in Mouse Lung cells using ab62469 at 10 ug/ml.
All lanes : Anti-Bid antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62469) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HCT116 colon cancer cell line treated with DMSO (control)
Lane 2 : HCT116 colon cancer cell line treated with 2 µM SAHA for 24 hrs
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Exposure time: 10 seconds
ab62469 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kinsella S et al. Increased A20-E3 ubiquitin ligase interactions in bid-deficient glia attenuate TLR3- and TLR4-induced inflammation. J Neuroinflammation 15:130 (2018). PubMed: 29720226
- Barrott JJ et al. The Influential Role of BCL2 Family Members in Synovial Sarcomagenesis. Mol Cancer Res 15:1733-1740 (2017). PubMed: 28851813
- Sula Karreci E et al. Human regulatory T cells undergo self-inflicted damage via granzyme pathways upon activation. JCI Insight 2:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 29093262
- Kinsella S et al. Bid Promotes K63-Linked Polyubiquitination of Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Associated Factor 6 (TRAF6) and Sensitizes to Mutant SOD1-Induced Proinflammatory Signaling in Microglia. eNeuro 3:N/A (0). ICC/IF . PubMed: 27257617