Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bile Acid Receptor NR1H4
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Bile Acid Receptor NR1H4 antibody
See all Bile Acid Receptor NR1H4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Bile Acid Receptor NR1H4
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Human
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
FunctionLigand-activated transcription factor. Receptor for bile acids such as chenodeoxycholic acid, lithocholic acid and deoxycholic acid. Represses the transcription of the cholesterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase gene (CYP7A1) through the induction of NR0B2 or FGF19 expression, via two distinct mechanisms. Activates the intestinal bile acid-binding protein (IBABP). Activates the transcription of bile salt export pump ABCB11 by directly recruiting histone methyltransferase CARM1 to this locus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- BAR antibody
- Bile acid receptor antibody
- Farnesoid X activated receptor antibody
ab28480 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Li M et al. The nuclear translocation of transketolase inhibits the farnesoid receptor expression by promoting the binding of HDAC3 to FXR promoter in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Cell Death Dis 11:31 (2020). PubMed: 31949131
- Wei M et al. A dysregulated bile acid-gut microbiota axis contributes to obesity susceptibility. EBioMedicine 55:102766 (2020). PubMed: 32408110
- Zhang S et al. Rosiglitazone alleviates intrahepatic cholestasis induced by a-naphthylisothiocyanate in mice: The role of circulating 15-deoxy-?12,14 -PGJ2 and Nogo. Br J Pharmacol 177:1041-1060 (2020). PubMed: 31658492
- Huang F et al. Theabrownin from Pu-erh tea attenuates hypercholesterolemia via modulation of gut microbiota and bile acid metabolism. Nat Commun 10:4971 (2019). PubMed: 31672964
- Xia Y et al. Adiponectin determines farnesoid X receptor agonism-mediated cardioprotection against post-infarction remodelling and dysfunction. Cardiovasc Res 114:1335-1349 (2018). PubMed: 29668847
- Liu L et al. Hepatic Tmem30a Deficiency Causes Intrahepatic Cholestasis by Impairing Expression and Localization of Bile Salt Transporters. Am J Pathol 187:2775-2787 (2017). PubMed: 28919113